Parisian Paradise: Unbeatable Luxury at Best Western Rives de Paris!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glorious, potentially slightly flawed (let's be real, no place is perfect!) Parisian Paradise: Unbeatable Luxury at Best Western Rives de Paris! I'm not just reviewing a hotel; I'm giving you the raw, unfiltered truth, because, well, that's what matters, right? This is going to be less "hotel review" and more "me, rambling about a hotel after a very strong coffee and a touch of French optimism".
First, let's address the elephant in the room: the name. Parisian Paradise? That's a bold claim. Does it live up? We'll see, we'll see. But let's be clear, this is a Best Western. So, expectations, people! Keep them realistic.
Accessibility: The Down and Dirty
Right, so accessibility. This is crucial. The world ain't always built for everyone, so let's find out if this place makes an effort. I'm not personally in a wheelchair, but I did twist my ankle once on cobblestones – a Parisian right of passage! – so I get the importance of level surfaces. Does it have a working elevator? (Critical!) Wheelchair accessibility is a HUGE selling point for many. I see "Facilities for disabled guests" listed, which is a good start. Now what exactly does that entail? Ramps? Wide doorways? Specific rooms equipped? I need more details! The site screams elevator, and "access" overall, so I am hopeful. Check-in to make sure.
Cleanliness, Safety, and Covid-19: Let's Get Real, Folks
Okay, this is where it gets real. Post-pandemic, cleanliness is KING. And honestly, for me, it's always been queen! I'm a bit of a germaphobe, let's be honest, so I need to hear ALL the details.
- Sanitization overkill? Good. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays," and "Professional-grade sanitizing services." YES, YES, and YES! That's what I want to hear.
- Safe dining? “Safe dining setup” is a good thing. That tells me they are taking precautions.
- Hand sanitizer and hygiene certification: excellent.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: absolutely necessary.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: good for the eco-conscious.
- Cashless payment: I'm here for it! Who carries cash anymore?
- First aid on hand? Necessary
- Doctor/nurse on call? Very reassuring.
This all sounds promising. It looks like they're taking this seriously - and that is extremely important. I hate going to hotels that feel like a biohazard! Big points for Best Western on this front.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Because Food is Life
Alright, let's talk about the important stuff: FOOD. This is Paris, after all! A hotel can have all the marble bathrooms in the world, but if the croissants are stale, it's a FAIL.
- The presence of a restaurant is a given, but what kind of restaurant? Is it an international buffet? My preference is a la carte, but buffets are a classic. Good thing I can pick.
- Asian Cuisine? Wow, a bit of an unexpected twist! That could be exciting!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant and perhaps room? A must. Coffee is non-negotiable.
- Bar and Poolside Bar : Nice. After a long day of exploring the city, a cocktail by the pool sounds ideal.
- Room service (24-hour)? Yes, PLEASE. Midnight snack cravings are a real thing.
- Snack bar? Perfect for a quick bite.
- Buffet? Alright.
- Lunch & Dinner? Hopefully yes.
- Breakfast?: Buffet? Buffet sounds pretty good.
- Vegetarian? Essential for today’s needs, plus Alternative meal arrangement. Good on them.
- Happy Hour? That's a bonus!
I am hoping the restaurant has some quality offerings, and that the service is not stuffy. Ideally, it is a place you would actually want to eat at, not just because you’re staying at the hotel.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): The Treat Yourself Section
Now, is this truly a Parisian paradise if there's no opportunity to unwind? Let's see what they've got:
- Spa/sauna/steamroom/massage: They have it all! This is a big win. Sign. Me. UP. After pounding the Parisian pavement all day, a massage is practically a necessity. I'll probably spend all my time in there.
- Swimming pool (outdoor, with a view): Okay, this is getting seriously tempting. A rooftop pool with a view of…the Eiffel Tower? Now that's what I call a Parisian moment. Or am I dreaming?
- Fitness center: If you're into that sort of thing (I'm not, but good for you!).
- Body scrub/Wrap: Okay, now we are talking serious luxury. This is the kind of stuff that makes you feel like a pampered queen.
- Poolside Bar? Yes, yes, and more yes!
Services and Conveniences: The Useful Stuff
Let's see what kind of extra perks we have here:
- 24h Front Desk: Good.
- Doorman? That is nice.
- Concierge: Important. Paris is a city of hidden gems; the concierge can be your key to unlocking them. They'll know the best restaurants, the secret bars, and the tours that are actually worth doing.
- Airport transfer? Yes, please! Unless you enjoy the Parisian Metro (I don't).
- Laundry service: A MUST. I pack light, so this is essential.
- Dry cleaning: Important for my nice coats.
- Luggage storage? Crucial.
- Meeting/Banquet facilities: If you need them, you need them.
- Currency exchange: Helpful.
- Gift Shop: Nice for last second souvenirs
- On-site event hosting: I am hoping there are some fun events to take part in, or even host if necessary.
- Car parking A bonus
- Wi-Fi for special events Useful.
- Facilities for disabled guests Very reassuring
The Rooms: My Palace (Hopefully)
Let's get to the heart of the matter. The rooms. This is where you'll spend the most time (besides the spa).
- Non-Smoking, Soundproof: Excellent.
- Air Conditioning: A MUST!
- Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms: A must.
- Coffee/Tea Maker: Essential for my morning ritual.
- Mini-bar: Could be a fun splurge.
- Safe Box: Always a good idea.
- Desk/Laptop Workspace: If I need to work (ugh).
- Bathrobes/Slippers: Yes, please!
- Fluffy towels: I'm very particular about towels. They need to be thick and luxurious.
- Seating area: Nice for lounging.
- Blackout Curtains: So you can sleep off the best parties.
- Mirror: Always nice
- Hair Dryer: A must.
- Bathtub/Separate Shower: The dream!
- Additional toilet: Always.
- Wake-up service: Good.
- Room decorations: Ambiance is key!
- Internet/Internet [LAN]/Internet services OK.
- Shower I hope.
Getting Around: The City of Lights, Simplified
- Taxi Service: Good to know.
- Airport transfer: Essential, because navigating the airport after a long flight is the worst.
- Car park: A bonus!
- Bicycle parking Good for getting around if you prefer.
For the Kids: Family Travel
Not a huge deal for me, but always good to know:
- Babysitting service: Helpful for parents.
- Kids meal: Always important.
- Family/child friendly: Nice!
The Verdict (So Far)
Based on the information, Parisian Paradise: Unbeatable Luxury at Best Western Rives de Paris! sounds promising. The cleanliness and safety protocols are excellent, the spa situation is calling my name, and the rooms have all the essentials. The accessibility seems decent, and the dining options have potential. BUT, and this is a big but, I'm missing a real sense of the vibe. Is it chic? Cosy? Modern? Luxurious? I cannot wait to find out.
Quirks and Imperfections I Might Expect (Because Let's Be Realistic)
- Service inconsistencies: Even in the fanciest hotels, service can be

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my slightly-too-ambitious, probably-going-to-fail-in-a-spectacular-fashion Parisian adventure. (And yes, I'm staying at the Best Western Rives de Paris La Defense – because hey, budget travel, right? Pray for me.)
Parisian Pastiche: A Mostly Accurate Travel Disaster (with a sprinkling of hopefully-charming moments)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Hotel Room Hunt (and the relentless French accent)
- Morning (6:00 AM, or as early as my internal alarm clock decides to kick in): Ugh. The flight. Let's just say that economy class and my bladder are not exactly best friends. Arrive at Charles de Gaulle, feeling like a deflated croissant. I'm immediately thrown into the chaos of passport control, convinced I've forgotten EVERYTHING about speaking French. Thank God for Google Translate.
- (8:30 AM) – Taxi To Hotel(attempt): Right, getting a taxi. I think I managed a somewhat comprehensible "Bonjour!" to the driver. He responded in what I swear was a dialect designed to confound tourists. I'm pretty sure he roasted me for asking to be taken to my hotel, but with my poor french, I had no way to confirm.
- (9:30 AM) - Checking in: The hotel is actually alright. The lobby is that generic, slightly bland hotel lobby aesthetic that I've come to know and love. But, as the name suggests, I was actually booked at "Rives de Paris" - because of course. But no worries, I was booked here. The clerk, bless his heart, has the patience of a saint. He seems used to lost, bewildered tourists.
- (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM) - The Room Revelation: Okay. The room. It's, uh, cozy. By "cozy," I mean it's roughly the size of my walk-in closet back home (which, admittedly, is also pretty tiny). The AC is on the fritz, I'm sure of it, and I'm pretty sure I can hear the faint hum of someone else's snoring from the hallway. Oh, the joy. But hey, at least there's complimentary coffee. (It's instant, but I'm not complaining.)
- (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM) - The Walk Around: I have to take a walk. I need to get some air, but, I'm not sure where to go. I'll just follow my feelings.
- (12:00 PM) - Lunch: I find a cafe. The smell of the coffee alone is enough to make me forgive the tiny room. Lunch is a baguette with cheese and ham. It's not fancy, but it's perfect. Sitting there, watching people, I get a sense of the city for the first time.
Day 2: Eiffel Tower Fiascos & Louvre Lunacy
- Morning (8:00 AM): I'd planned to hit the Eiffel Tower first thing. I envisioned a perfectly Pinterest-worthy sunrise viewing. Reality? The crowds. Oh, the crowds. It's like a mosh pit for tourists. I swear, I saw a guy trying to sell selfie sticks made out of baguette. I gave up.
- (9:00 AM): Instead of the Eiffel Tower, I decided to visit the Champ de Mars, which, as it turns out, is just a giant, slightly muddy field with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.
- (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Okay… The Louvre. I'd been dreaming of this for months. The Mona Lisa! The Winged Victory of Samothrace! The, uh, ancient Egyptian stuff! I get inside, and I get immediately lost. There are so many people! I find myself utterly mesmerized. I mean, I'm standing in front of the Mona Lisa. The real Mona Lisa! And everyone's just… taking selfies with her. It's a bit of a letdown, to be honest. But then, I am in front of a work of art and it's incredible. Also, my feet hurt.
- (Lunch break): I buy a mediocre sandwich from a tiny cafe on the side of the street. I see the crowds looking for the cafe. I try to order in French! I fumble my words. But the waiter is kind, and I manage. I watch the people and start to feel comfortable.
- (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): I decide I need a break from the Louvre. I'm headed to the Tuileries Garden. It's a wonderful stroll, and feels like a break I desperately need. I get lost in the moment and think, maybe I'm getting the hang of it!
Day 3: Montmartre Madness and Croissant Catastrophes
- Morning (9:00 AM): The plan was to do a walking tour of Montmartre. The only downside is that it is way to early for how hungover I feel. I take the metro to Montmartre. After exiting the metro, I stumble upon the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. It's magnificent, even more so from the first time I saw it.
- (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM): I attempt to buy a croissant. In French. It does not go well. I end up pointing and grunting at a very patient baker, who looks like he's seen it all. I eventually get a croissant. It's flaky, buttery perfection. I have earned my croissant.
- (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): I visit the Place du Tertre, the artists' square. It's a bit touristy, but, the art is beautiful, even if it's more touristy than authentic. I find an artist and get a portrait. I feel more joy.
- (1:00 PM) - Lunch; After the art, I'm hungry. I get a simple cafe near the Place du Tertre. The food is simple, affordable, and exactly what I need.
- (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): I spend the afternoon wandering the winding streets of Montmartre, losing myself in the atmosphere and getting thoroughly lost. I stumbled upon a tiny, hidden cafe and sit for a bit with another coffee.
Day 4: Seine River Serenity (and a potential cheese overload)
- Morning (10:00 AM): I take a Seine River cruise. It's actually quite nice. The boats are a good way to rest.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): I decide to visit a cheese shop. Because, Paris. Of course. I get to sample a few different cheeses, and my taste buds explode. Okay, maybe not explode, but it's good stuff. I buy more cheese than I can possibly eat.
- (2:00pm): A picnic by the river. I sit and eat cheese, and enjoy the moment.
- (3:00pm): I spend the afternoon wandering along the Seine, taking in the views and enjoying the sunshine.
Day 5: Departure Day Depression (and a promise to return)
- (Morning): I get up this morning, and realize it's time to go. I reluctantly pack my bags and get some last minute croissants before having to head to the airport.
- (11:00 AM): Last look at the Eiffel Tower. It's a little sad.
- (Noon): Head to the airport. I'm exhausted. I'm also already planning my return trip.
Final Thoughts:
Paris, you magnificent, maddening city. You've given me moments of pure joy, moments of utter frustration, and a whole lot of bread. I may have lost my way a few (dozen) times, butchered the French language, and eaten way too much cheese, but I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything. Au revoir, Paris. Until next time… (And next time, I'm learning more French, I swear!)
Jeonju Getaway: Luxurious Neul Hotel Awaits in South Korea!
Parisian Paradise: Unbeatable Luxury at Best Western Rives de Paris! ... or Was It? Let's Get Real.
So, is this place REALLY as luxurious as they claim? Like, *actually*?
Okay, *luxury*. Let's unpack that word, shall we? The website? Gleaming photos, promises of plush everything. Reality? It's... a mixed bag. My initial reaction? "Whoa, nice lobby!" Then, the elevator. A bit... *cozy*. Let's just say it was a character-building experience, especially when you're lugging a suitcase that feels like it contains the entire contents of your life.
The room itself? Initially, yeah, pretty good. Clean, stylish (ish), and that view... Oh my god, the view! Eiffel Tower peeking over the rooftops. Breath-taking. But then, the first night I tried to work the ridiculously complicated air conditioning unit. It beeped, it groaned, it spat out cold air at random intervals. Eventually, I gave up and just opened the window and prayed the Parisian soundtrack wouldn't keep me up all night. So, luxurious? Maybe. Perfect? Absolutely not. And you know what? That little imperfection, that tiny struggle, it actually made the experience feel *more* real. Like, hey, I'm in Paris, not some sterile, perfect bubble.
What's the breakfast like? 'Cause let's be honest, breakfast can make or break a hotel stay.
Breakfast. This is where things get... interesting. The website promised "a bountiful breakfast buffet." Bountiful? Well, there was *food*. Let's start there. Croissants, obviously. Good, flaky croissants. A solid start. Then, a smattering of cheese, some weirdly rubbery scrambled eggs (seriously, what IS with hotel scrambled eggs?), and a fruit salad that looked like it had seen better days.
Okay, I'm getting a little dramatic, but I was HUNGRY! I'd walked all morning, and I was about to fall apart. The coffee? Acceptable, but not the kind that'll make you weep with joy. The service? Polite, but perhaps a little… perfunctory. My memory of this, now? I remember one morning the juice machine spluttered and died. I think I actually *sighed* out loud. But at the end of the day, it filled the void inside my stomach and it did the job. And hey – I got my croissant, so that was something.
It was not the kind of breakfast that would compel me to write home about, but not a disaster, either. So, ultimately, it's a "meh" from me. Nothing to write home about.
How's the location? Is it actually close to everything? (Don't lie to me.)
Okay, the location. THIS is one of the hotel's strong points, I'll admit it. It *is* pretty darn close to the Eiffel Tower. Like, you can walk to it. You can practically *wave* to it from your window. I mean, if you're on the right floor, obviously. (Hello, aforementioned elevator adventure!). The Metro is close too, which is a lifesaver when your feet feel like lead weights after a day of sightseeing.
BUT… and there's always a BUT… it's not *in the heart* of the hustle and bustle. Which, honestly, can be a good thing. It's a little quieter, which is a HUGE bonus when you’re trying to recover from jet lag. But, if you're expecting to stumble out of the hotel and immediately be swallowed up by Parisian chaos, you might be disappointed. There's a lovely bakery and a cafe around the corner, which is a major win. But you still need to take the Metro or walk a bit or a taxi to get to the really iconic central spots. So, it's convenient, just not *perfectly* central. And you know what? That's actually okay. You get a little peace and quiet, you're pretty close to the main attractions, and it's a nice mix.
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
Ugh, the million-dollar question. Would I? Okay, real talk. Yes. Probably. Hear me out. The view? Unbeatable. The location? Pretty darn good (even if it's not *absolutely* perfect). The value for money? Actually, from what I saw, it’s decent for Paris. Despite the wonky air conditioning and the slightly disappointing breakfast, I had a *good* time. I might even say I had a *great* time, once you get past the little, silly hiccups.
Look, no hotel is perfect. And let's be real, I'm not exactly royalty, okay? For the price, and for the overall experience? Yeah, I'd go back. I'd just bring my earplugs and maybe pack a few breakfast bars. And if the air conditioning is still giving me trouble? Well, I'll just open the window, and that Eiffel Tower view? That’ll be all the luxury I need.
Anything *else* I should know before I book? Any hidden quirks?
Okay, here's the real tea. First, that 'free wifi'? It's... acceptable. But don't expect to stream HD movies without a bunch of buffering. Second, the "concierge service"? They *try*. Bless their hearts. I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant and ended up at a tourist trap. But they were very polite about it. Third… the noise. As I mentioned, the street noise. If you are a light sleeper you are going to have a rough time, especially if you are on the road side.
But the biggest quirk? It's the feeling. It's not just a fancy hotel. It has a *vibe*. It's French, but it is not overly pretentious. It’s a bit old-fashioned, in a good way. In that sense, it adds to the charm. Overall? It's what I would describe as, "that's just Paris, baby." And maybe, just maybe, that's what makes it so darn *lovable* despite all of the little flaws. So, book at your own risk (and maybe pack some earplugs). And have a truly great time.
Any Tips or tricks?
Okay, let me give you some real advice. Ask for a room on a higher floor. The views will be magnificent, I wish I did. If you’re a coffee snob, bring some instant coffee or a travel French press. Explore the area! There are so many charming little streets and cafes nearby. And finally: embrace the imperfections. They're part of the adventure. Honestly, they're what I’ll probably remember the most!"

