Olga's Italian Corner: Zambia's BEST Pizza? (Livingstone Secret!)

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's Italian Corner: Zambia's BEST Pizza? (Livingstone Secret!)

Olga's Italian Corner: Zambia's BEST Pizza? (Livingstone Secret!) - A Frankly Honest Review (Brace Yourself!)

Okay, listen up, pizza pilgrims and adventure seekers! We're talking about Olga's Italian Corner in Livingstone, Zambia. Is it really Zambia's BEST pizza? That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? And I'm here to tell you, the answer…is complicated.

First off, let's ditch the glossy travel brochure vibe. This isn't a perfectly polished hotel chain, folks. This is Livingstone, a place that practically bleeds adventure and…let's just say, isn't always known for its impeccable organization. But that's part of the charm, right?

Accessibility (and a Little Bit of a Rant):

Alright, let's get the practical stuff out of the way, because if you're like me, you need to know before you get there.

  • Accessibility: This is a tricky one. I didn't see a huge amount of obvious wheelchair access, which is a shame in this day and age. (Wheelchair accessible? Sadly, I can't definitively say yes or no. Needs more investigation.)
  • On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I think so, but honestly, it's the kind of place where you wing it a little. They're not exactly robots. The atmosphere says 'chill out' instead of 'strict adherence.'
  • Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yep! Praise the internet gods! Though in Livingstone, it can be… temperamental. But hey, you're here to see the Victoria Falls, not binge-watch Netflix, right? (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas).

The Food, the Glorious, Potentially Pizza-Altering Food!

This is where things get really interesting. Let's cut to the chase: Is their pizza the best in Zambia? I’d say, "maybe." It's definitely good. Really good. Especially after a long day battling the Zambezi River. The crust had a perfect char, the sauce was tangy and full of flavor, and the toppings? Fresh and plentiful.

  • Dining, drinking and snacking (the glorious list, that's like a pizza buffet list): A la cart in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangment, Asian Breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar which is fantastic (we got lucky with our bartender!), Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant: ESSENTIAL!, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant: Check, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant. Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.

    • So, what was my absolute favorite? The poolside bar. After a dusty day, that first sip of something cold, with the pizza smell wafting over from the kitchen? Pure bliss. The bartender even knew how to make a proper Negroni, a rare find in these parts.
  • The Pizza: It isn’t just pizza here. It's an experience. This is where (A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant). It's the perfect example of how you change the feel of a place without completely altering the core.

The "Things to do, ways to relax" stuff:

Okay, this is where Olga's could up its game.

  • Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] (Yes! And it's lovely!), Cleanliness and safety.

I didn’t see a spa, but Livingstone is all about the adventure. (Swimming pool [outdoor]) is a must, especially after a dusty day.

Cleanliness and Safety (because post-pandemic, we're all a little paranoid):

  • Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.

I’m no germaphobe, but I did notice they were taking it seriously. Lots of hand sanitizer around, and the staff were masked up. (Room sanitization opt-out available) – a nice touch.

Services and Conveniences (The Good, The Bad, And The Slightly Messy):

  • Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge. Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

    • The good: The staff were genuinely helpful and friendly. The daily housekeeping was a godsend after a long day.
    • The not-so-good: Not everything ran like clockwork. But hey, that's half the fun!

For The Kids:

  • For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

I didn’t have any kids with me, but the vibe was definitely family-friendly.

Access, Security, and Other Practicalities:

  • Access: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed.

  • Safety: Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.

  • Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.

  • Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

The Verdict (Drumroll please!):

Look, Olga's isn't a perfect, pristine, five-star resort. But it’s got heart. It's got a killer pizza (maybe the best in Zambia, maybe not, but who cares?). It’s got a pool to cool off in, and a staff that will make you feel welcome.

My honest advice? Go. Just go. Embrace the slightly chaotic, slightly rough-around-the-edges charm of Olga's Italian Corner. And for the love of pizza, order one. You won't regret it.

SEO Keywords: Olga's Italian Corner, Livingstone, Zambia, pizza, best pizza in Zambia, Livingstone hotels, Victoria Falls, travel, accommodation, reviews, [Additional Keywords: Accessibility, Wi-Fi, Pool, Restaurant, Safety, Cleanliness, Family-friendly, Pizza, Bar, International cuisine, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine]


My REALLY HONEST Opinion - The entire vibe is fantastic. I was expecting some of these standards, but it'd beat the expectations given to me.


A Compelling Offer (Because Why Not?):

Escape the Ordinary: Indulge in Livingstone's Best Pizza & Adventure at Olga's Italian Corner!

Are you ready for an unforgettable Zambian adventure? Do you crave delicious food, warm hospitality, and a place to truly relax after a day exploring the wonders of Victoria Falls?

Olga's Italian Corner offers the

Escape to Fairytale Romania: Hotel Ozana Bistrita Awaits!

Book Now

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Prepare to get real dirty with my chaotic Zambian adventure, set in the delicious, pasta-filled heart of Olga's – The Italian Corner in Livingstone. This isn't your sterile, robot-written itinerary. This is my brain on safari, fueled by questionable coffee and the sheer audacity of adventure.

Olga's Italian Zambian Rhapsody: A Hot Mess Express

Day 1: Arrival & Accidental Enlightenment (and a Pasta-Lover's Nirvana)

  • 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Arrive at Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport (LVI). Okay, first things first, the airport. Is it fancy? Absolutely not. Does it have soul? You bet your safari hat it does! Immediate thought: Did I pack enough bug spray? (Spoiler alert: I did not). The air hits you like a warm, slightly dusty hug. Or maybe that's the jet lag… or the sheer excitement of Zambia!

  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Transfer to Olga's. I mean, the name alone… "The Italian Corner?" In Zambia? Pure genius! The drive is a kaleidoscope of colour: vibrant markets spilling onto the dusty roads, children with eyes that shine like emeralds, the constant friendly gestures from the locals. I'm instantly smitten.

  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Check-in, breathe, and immediately regret not packing a proper hat for the sun. The lodge? Charming chaos. A little wonky in places, a little creaky, but bursting with character. It's like a hug in the form of buildings.

  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at Olga's! Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves. I am a pasta fiend. And this? This is pasta heaven. Seriously, the aroma alone punched me in the face with pure delight. I ordered the Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Okay, I'll be honest, I ordered two plates. Don't judge me! The pasta was cooked perfectly, the sauce silky, the guanciale, crispy bacon-y, utterly divine. I met Olga herself. She is fabulous. The walls are plastered with photos of her with various people.

    Rambling thought: Did I mention the wine? OMG, the wine! I'm fairly sure the house red was practically flowing from the taps.

  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Okay, this is where the itinerary goes off the rails. I had intended to go to the Livingstone Museum. But, the pasta coma was real. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I dozed off. In a hammock. Under a giant mango tree. Don't judge me! I awoke with a crick in my neck and the vague understanding that sleep is, in fact, essential.

  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Wandered around the small town of Livingstone with no clear plan. Found a craft market that felt like a vibrant explosion of color and creativity in the middle of the dust.

  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Back to Olga's for pre-dinner drinks. The sunset over the Zambezi River is breathtaking. Truly, jaw-droppingly beautiful. I swear I saw an elephant wink at me. (Probably just the G&T).

  • 8:00 PM - ????: Dinner. This time, the Lasagna. Layers upon layers of meaty, cheesy goodness. Is it possible to die of happiness from a lasagna? I would like to find out. Then, the night gets delightfully blurry with conversations, laughter, and the best tiramisu I've ever tasted.

Day 2: The Mighty Victoria Falls (and a Near-Disaster Involving a Raincoat)

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast! A hearty meal of eggs and toast. I need to fuel on.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: VICTORY FALLS!!! Oh. My. God. I've seen pictures, read descriptions, but NOTHING prepares you for the sheer power of Mosi-oa-Tunya (The Smoke That Thunders). Water everywhere! The mist is so thick, you can barely see. I may have slightly underestimated the need for rain gear. My raincoat proved insufficient—more of a "damp collector" than a protector. I felt the wet and the cold. I had moments where I almost didn't enjoy the fall. The sheer scale of it is humbling, awe-inspiring, and slightly terrifying all at once.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at a cafe with a view of the Falls. Trying to dry off! Feeling slightly like a drowned rat, but exhilarated. Shared a plate of pasta. I can not stop to get to my pasta addiction.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Devil's Pool! Okay, maybe I'll skip this part.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back at Olga's, nursing a well-deserved beverage and regaling anyone who will listen, with the sheer majesty of the Falls. Feeling a bit sunburnt, but hey, I faced the Zambezi!
  • 6:00 PM - ?????: Pizza night at Olga's. Yes, even more carbs. The pizza is thin-crust and delicious. A perfect end to an incredible day.

Day 3: Wildlife Wonders & Goodbyes (sniffle, sniffle…)

  • 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Safari! Went to see elephants! The safari was a bit bumpy, slightly dusty, and utterly magical. Seeing the elephants in their natural habitat was an experience I will never forget. I also saw zebras, giraffes, and various other creatures, all seemingly unbothered by my clumsy attempts to take a decent photo.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch back at Olga's.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Shopping time! I spent on souvenirs.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Final sunset drinks. I said goodbye to Olga. I hugged Olga.
  • 6:00 PM - ?????: Dinner. Final meal. The spaghetti. This time it was even better. Then I got a hug as I was leaving.
  • ???? - 10:00 AM: Departure. A tearful goodbye to Olga's, to Zambia, to the pasta, the friendships… The journey. It's a bittersweet moment. But the memories, and the taste of that Carbonara, will stay with me forever.

Notes:

  • This itinerary is a mere suggestion. It's best to go with the flow.
  • Embrace the dust! It's part of the charm.
  • Pack lots of sunscreen, bug spray, and an open mind.
  • Be prepared to fall in love with Zambia. You have been warned!
  • Most importantly: Visit Olga's. And order the Carbonara!
Kasauli's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Sanawar View Hotel Pics!

Book Now

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Okay, so... is Olga's REALLY the best pizza in Zambia? Seriously?

Look, alright, let's be real. Is it objectively the "best" pizza? That's a tough one. Taste is subjective, right? But... and this is a BIG but... for Livingstone? For the Zambezi River vibes, the dusty roads, the *feeling* of being remote? Absolutely. Hands down. I've had some seriously questionable pizza in my life (think airport slices and things that vaguely resemble cardboard), and Olga's... Olga's is *different*. It's got this... magic.

What's the secret to their pizza perfection? Is it the dough? The cheese? Is Olga a pizza wizard?

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I've tried to figure this out. I've *poked* at the dough. I've squinted at the cheese. I even tried to eavesdrop on Olga once (didn't work, she's got this… Italian-grandmother-who-knows-all-the-secrets vibe). I think it's a combination. The dough is definitely something special – perfectly crispy on the outside, fluffy inside… almost like a cloud of deliciousness. And the cheese? Rich, melty, the way cheese *should* be. But honestly? I think it's Olga herself. There's a passion there, a love for pizza, that just shines through in every bite. And maybe, just maybe, a little bit of Zambezi magic.

Seriously, what kind of pizza should I order? I’m overwhelmed!

Alright, deep breaths. Overwhelmed is understandable. The menus like… well, a whole pizza book. Alright, here's my advice, based on *years* of rigorous pizza research (it’s a tough job, but someone's got to do it):
For the Classic Lover: The Margherita. Simple, perfect, lets the quality of the ingredients shine. Don't judge me for saying "simple". Sometimes simple is best, okay?
For the Adventurous Soul: The Zambezi Pizza. Honestly, I can't remember the exact ingredients, but it's got something with local veggies, maybe some crocodile (! - possibly not, don't quote me!). Go for it! Embrace the weirdness!
Biggest Recommendation: The one that *you* want. Do you want pepperoni? Get pepperoni. Do you fancy onions? DO IT! Don't let me tell you what to do. You're on vacation! Or, if you live there, you know, live your life!

Is the service good? I'm not looking for a stressful situation.

Look, the service is... well, it's Africa. Ok? It's chilled. It's not the frantic rush of some big city restaurant. The wait times can vary. Sometimes you'll be starving and it'll feel like forever (bring snacks, seriously, just in case). Sometimes it's quicker than you expect. But honestly? Just relax. Have a Mosi beer. Chat with your mates. Enjoy the atmosphere. Embrace the, shall we say, irregular pacing. It's part of the experience. Don't expect robots. Expect a smile, maybe some chat, and eventually, glorious pizza.

So, location, location, location... where is this pizza paradise? And how do I *get* there?

Olga's is… well, it's in Livingstone. That’s the easy part! Finding it? A little adventure. It's not *exactly* on the main drag. You'll probably need a taxi, or a tuk-tuk. Ask around. Everyone knows where it is. Or, *should* know. It’s often near a roundabout, and you might have to go up a bit of a bumpy road. But trust me, the pizza pilgrimage is worth it. Just make sure you're pointing in the right direction, and that the driver knows where he's going. Or she!

What if my pizza experience is… not good? I've had pizza disasters before.

Okay, look, I'm not going to lie: this is the risk you take. Pizza is a fickle beast. But in all my years of eating there, even when things weren't *perfect*, even when something was forgotten, or maybe slightly over baked... it’s always been good. But if by some strange reason, the pizza is off on your visit... you're allowed to be disappointed. It's okay. Just… maybe go back again the next day? Give it another shot. (Or, you know, find a different food location).

I heard a rumor about a certain 'garlic bread'... is it true? Should I order it?

THE GARLIC BREAD. Oh. My. God. Yes. Order it. Immediately. Consider it a life-or-death decision. I kid you not. But I'm not really kidding. This isn't just *bread*. This is a masterpiece of garlic-butter-infused, carb-loaded heaven. A symphony of flavor. Seriously. *Do not skip the garlic bread*. I repeat, do NOT skip the garlic bread. I regret the days I skipped the garlic bread.

Can I make a reservation?

Honestly... I'm not sure. I've never tried! It's Livingstone. Things are more... free-flowing, shall we say? Give them a call. (Phone numbers can be a bit of a challenge to get, so I won't provide one here). It’s a small place, so it might be worth a phone call if you have a big group. Be prepared to hear the "no worries, we'll see you when you get here" response. And hey, embrace the casual vibe.

My biggest, most embarrassing fear is… what if I don't like it? What if it's all hype?

Ugh, I get it. The fear of disappointment. The fear of the build-up being… a let-down. Look, listen. If you don't love Olga's pizza, then at least you tried! Maybe your taste buds are different. Maybe you're a pizza snob (kidding… kind of). The important thing is, you got to experience a Livingstone institution. And hey, if you're not blown away by the pizza, at least you'll have aHotel Safari

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia

Olga's - The Italian Corner Livingstone Zambia