Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Capital O Parador Crespo Hotel, Oaxaca!
Okay, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your average, sterile hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the heart of Oaxaca, baby, and into the Unbelievable Luxury (and potential pitfalls) that awaits at the Capital O Parador Crespo Hotel. Let's get messy, shall we?
A Oaxaca Rhapsody: My Encounter with the Crespo
First off, let me be real. Finding hotels in Oaxaca feels like a sacred quest. This city oozes culture, history, and enough art to make your eyeballs sing. You want a place that fits, not just a generic box. Capital O Parador Crespo…well, it aimed for the stars, and frankly, sometimes it landed right next door.
The Good Stuff: Unpacking the Glitz and Glam
- The Location, Location, Location (and the View!): Okay, gotta give credit where it's due. The location is stellar. Smack-dab in the historic center, you're practically tripping over colonial buildings and vibrant markets. The rooftop pool with a view? I mean, come on! It's chef's kiss material, especially at sunset. Picture this: margaritas, the Oaxaca skyline, a slight breeze… pure bliss. But the view is also a reminder that things are not always perfect.
- Luxury, Baby! (or, How to Feel Fancy): The rooms try to be luxurious. Think plush bathrobes, those little complimentary slippers (a lifesaver after cobblestone streets!), and a mini-bar that's beckoning you at 2 AM. My room had a balcony that opened, that's a huge plus, I could feel the Oaxacan breeze. In room safe, check! I have heard of people having trouble, and my room was fine.
- Rooftop Pool & Spa: The spa facilities include a sauna, a steamroom (a necessity for a pre-massage detox), and a pool with a view. The massage was good, not the best I have had, but the ambiance made up for it. The pool is the star, especially with that view.
- The Little Touches: They have coffee and tea in the rooms! And they provide essential condiments! I really liked this.
Accessibility, Safety, and the Fine Print
- Accessibility: Okay, let's be candid: they say they cater to accessibility, and they mention "facilities for disabled guests." But I'm skeptical. Oaxaca is a city of uneven sidewalks and cobblestone streets. I strongly suggest contacting the hotel directly before booking to confirm specifics if accessibility is a crucial aspect of your needs.
- Cleanliness & Safety: Here's where things get interesting. The hotel clearly takes COVID seriously. Daily disinfection? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Staff wearing masks and gloves? Check. But…the constant, slightly paranoid feeling it created? It's a mixed bag. They're trying, bless them, but it's a constant reminder of the world's current state.
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi is mostly reliable. Free access is in all rooms! But if you really need crystal-clear internet, maybe bring your own personal hotspot.
- Safety/security feature: I really liked the security, it felt safe.
The Not-So-Rosy Bits: Quibbles and Quirks
- The Breakfast Blues: The buffet breakfast? It was… fine. But I have had better. Asian breakfast and a buffet in the restaurant are available. Fresh enough but I'd be lying if I said it wowed me. They have options that are vegetarian.
- The Service Shuffle: The staff is generally trying to be helpful, but sometimes it felt a bit…disjointed. Like, everyone had a different manual. This isn't the fault of the staff themselves, as they are very nice, but rather the management. A little more consistency would go a long way.
- Dining and Snacking: There are restaurants, a poolside bar, and a snack bar. I mostly enjoyed the poolside bar.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Okay, here's the deal: Capital O Parador Crespo Hotel has a lot going for it. The location alone is a major draw. The rooftop pool is a winner. But, it's not flawless.
For the kids
- Family/child friendly
- Babysitting service
Things to do, ways to relax:
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Fitness center
- Foot bath
- Gym/fitness
- Massage
- Pool with view
- Sauna
- Spa
- Spa/sauna
- Steamroom
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool [outdoor]
Final Call:
This hotel is perfect for travelers who value location, a nice pool, and a touch of luxury.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Your Oaxaca Escape Begins Now!
Ready to experience Oaxaca in style? Book your stay at the Capital O Parador Crespo Hotel today!
Bali's Hidden Rice Paddy Paradise: Kubu Tepi Sawah - Unbelievable!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my Oaxaca adventure. Specifically, my time at the gorgeous Parador Crespo Hotel. Prepare for a wild ride; I'm not promising perfection, just pure, unadulterated me.
Oaxaca: A Whirlwind of Color, Food, and Existential Dread (Sometimes All at Once)
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Guacamole (Because, Mexico)
- Morning (or what felt like morning after a red-eye): Landed in Oaxaca! The airport was a charming chaos of families, luggage, and the air thick with the promise of… well, everything. Found a taxi, a sweet little dude who looked about sixteen, and we trundled through the city, dodging potholes that could swallow a small car. First impressions? Glorious chaos. Buildings in every shade of the crayon box, a symphony of car horns, and the scent of… something delicious. Maybe roasting chilies.
- Parador Crespo: Finally, bliss. This hotel! Beautiful, right in the heart of everything. A courtyard overflowing with bougainvillea, a tiny pool, and the promise of escaping the street’s frantic energy. My room? Simple, elegant, with a balcony that just begged for a margarita (which I promptly ordered).
- Afternoon: The Guacamole Incident. After a quick shower and a (much-needed) nap, I ventured out. Found a tiny, unassuming place around the corner, sat down and ordered Guacamole. I was excited. I'm a gringo who goes to Mexico for their food.
- The Guacamole: okay first bite, amazing. Second bite i was on cloud 9. Third bite, I was lost in thought. This is the food of the gods. This Guacamole is so good, I was hit with the fact that I will die one day. It was heavy and depressing, I wanted to cry. I ate it all and kept thinking. My life is temporary.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, I had my margarita on the balcony and watched the sunset paint the buildings in shades of orange and purple. It was stunning. And then, as it got dark, I was once again hit by a wave of dread. What was I doing here? Was this all a dream? Luckily…
- Dinner: The hotel restaurant had a delicious dinner. I was still thinking about my own death, but I was able to distract myself. They had a nice dessert which was amazing.
Day 2: Market Mayhem and Mezcal-Fueled Epiphanies
- Morning: The mercado! Oh. My. God. The Mercado 20 de Noviembre. Sensory overload in the best possible way. Mountains of fruit, chilis in every color imaginable, live chickens squawking, and the aroma of… everything. I got lost, of course, several times. Haggled for a scarf (badly, I'm sure), and ate a tlayuda that was so massive and delicious, I almost couldn't finish it. I wanted to bring it home, but I sadly couldn't.
- Quirky Observation: The sheer confidence with which people were hawking their wares was astounding. You could literally hear everyone's voices clashing over each other, but i was happy to feel like a part of the chaos. Felt like an alien at first, but that quickly faded.
- Afternoon: Mezcal! Okay. Now, I'm not usually a big drinker. But when in Oaxaca… I was feeling brave. So, I signed up for a mezcal tasting. Honestly, by the end, I was wondering if I had a new career.
- Mezcal Tasting: The guide, a wiry, knowledgeable old-timer, walked us through the different varieties. Smooth, smoky, earthy, spicy. I’m not sure I could tell the difference between them, but i could definitely feel the difference. By the time we reached the fourth tasting, my inhibitions were gone and I was full of crazy thoughts, like wanting to become a chef. I was also extremely social.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, I nearly fell into the pool. My brain was still buzzing from the mezcal. I somehow managed to order room service (which, thankfully, was delicious). I felt a strange contentment. Maybe I would live forever. Maybe I was already immortal. Or, more likely, I just needed to drink a gallon of water.
Day 3: Art, Architecture, and the Utter Bliss of Doing Absolutely Nothing
- Morning: A (very) late breakfast. I treated myself to breakfast at the hotel because it seemed safe. The eggs were delicious, and they had fresh-squeezed juice, which was pure heaven.
- Afternoon: Basilica de la Soledad. The building was so opulent. It was truly a testament to the beauty of the world. I spent an hour just wandering, taking in the intricacies of the carvings, the rich colors, the sense of history.
- The Bliss of Doing Nothing: Back at the hotel. I sat by the pool, read a book, and felt my shoulders finally, finally, unclench. I did nothing. And it was glorious. I could have lived like this forever.
- Evening: A quiet dinner at a little restaurant down the street, overlooking the Zocalo. It was lovely, and I once again contemplated my own death.
Day 4: Departure (and Tears)
- Morning: Packing. A few last strolls. Saying goodbye to the courtyard flowers. Breakfast, of course (more fresh juice!).
- Departure: The airport, this time, was less chaotic (or maybe I was just more numb). Taxi ride wasn't nearly as fun, it wasn't as colorful.
- Emotional Reaction: Sitting on the plane, I felt a pang of sadness. Oh, Oaxaca. Your beauty, your chaos, your amazing food, your mezcal-fueled epiphanies… I am going to miss you. I wanted to turn around and stay. I probably will.
- Parador Crespo: A big thank you to the staff at the Parador Crespo. The hotel was beautiful, calming, and well-located. You made the trip a complete success. I'll be back.
This is just a snapshot of my Oaxaca adventure. It was messy, imperfect, and at times, utterly overwhelming. But it was also beautiful, delicious, and made me feel… something. Something I now realize is what I'm always chasing. The feeling of being truly, utterly, alive.
Royal Regantris Cendana Surabaya: Indonesia's Hidden Gem? You HAVE to See This!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Capital O Parador Crespo Hotel, Oaxaca! (Or, My Oaxaca Odyssey... You've Been Warned)
Okay, spill. Is this place *really* as amazing as the photos suggest? Because, let's be honest, Photoshop.
Alright, alright, hold your horses. Look, the photos are pretty. They're all sun-drenched courtyards, gleaming surfaces, and impossibly perfect cocktails. And YES, *most* of it is true. The courtyards? Stunning. The surfaces? Gleaming. The cocktails? Okay, the cocktail I had the first night... I think it involved mezcal, a lime slice, and some kind of sorbet. Was. Heaven. But real talk? The initial "WOW" factor is powerful. Entering the hotel is like stepping into a colonial-era daydream. You almost expect a gaucho to stroll by with a monocle.
**Anecdote time:** The first thing I did? Squealed. Literally. Like, an involuntary high-pitched squeal. I blame the jet lag. And the sheer beauty of the place. I then proceeded to trip over a cobblestone in the courtyard, nearly taking out a waiter. He gave me a look that said, "Welcome to Oaxaca." I felt incredibly stylish.
The rooms... what are they *really* like? I'm talking honest. Are they clean? Spacious? Do the showers actually work?
Okay, so the rooms. Yes. YES. The rooms are generally wonderful. I stayed in a "Deluxe" (because, you know, I deserve it). And... it was pretty darn sweet. Clean? Spotless. Spacious? Enough to swing a small cat (politely). The showers? Glorious. Seriously. Amazing water pressure. Hot water that actually *stayed* hot. A small, but impactful, victory in the grand scheme of travel.
**Slight imperfection alert:** The first room, bless its heart, had a tiny little issue with the internet. I called the front desk, and they were on it *immediately*. Moved me to a new room, no problem. Stuff happens, people. Don't expect perfection! But the promptness of the response... A+ in my book.
**Quirky Observation:** The decor is *very* Oaxacan-chic. Think: bright colors, hand-woven textiles, maybe a painted gourd or two. It’s charming and a little overwhelming at first. Felt like everything was trying to yell ‘I’m in Oaxaca!’ – not in a bad way, but it takes some getting used to.
Let's talk food. The restaurant... Is it actually worth the hype? And the margaritas – are they as good as they look?
Alright, the food. This. Is. Important. The restaurant is a MUST. Seriously. Don't even think about skipping it. The food is exquisite, a brilliant blend of traditional Oaxacan flavors with a modern twist. Think mole, but like, *elevated* mole. Think perfectly grilled whatever-they-call-it, bathed in a sauce that would make your grandma jealous.
**Rambling time:** I spent, I kid you not, a solid hour debating between the tlayuda and the mole negro. Eventually, after much internal conflict and a hefty splash of the mezcal I'd had at the bar (more on that later), I went with the mole. And I have zero regrets. Maybe the best mole of my life. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Okay, maybe that was the mezcal, too. But still! Delicious!
**And. The. Margaritas.** Yes. They are good. Very, very good. The mezcal margaritas? Even better. Just… be careful. They sneak up on you. Seriously. That first night… well, let’s just say I had a very animated conversation with a rather bewildered waiter while attempting to order a second round. (I think I was discussing the existential nature of tequila).
The Location. Is it easy to get around? How far is it from the main tourist areas? Is it safe?
The location is ideal. Seriously. Perfect. You're right in the heart of Oaxaca City, within easy walking distance of everything: the zócalo, the markets, the churches... everything you want to see is right there. Plus, it’s on a relatively quiet street, which is HUGE. The noise levels in some other parts of town can be… lively.
**Opinion Alert:** Is it safe? Yes, generally speaking Oaxaca City is safe. Like, walking-around-at-night safe, but with the usual caveats. Don't flash your cash, be aware of your surroundings. Use common sense. And don't wander off after too many margaritas (ahem, take it from me). I walked around alone at night a few times and felt completely fine. But always be smart.
Okay, so they mention a pool... but is it any good? Is it more of a "dip your toes" kind of deal, or a "spend half the day relaxing" situation?
The pool, my friends, is a *delight*. It's not massive – you're not training for the Olympics there – but it's beautifully designed, surrounded by lush greenery, and the perfect antidote to a hot Oaxacan day.
**Doubling Down on Experience:** I spent a *significant* chunk of one particular afternoon poolside. Like, I think I might have forgotten to eat. I ordered a cocktail (the same one from the first night, naturally), sunk into a comfortable lounger, and just… existed. Read a book. People-watched (the other guests were a diverse and interesting bunch). And, mostly, I just relaxed. It was exactly what I needed after a hectic morning of market exploration. I'm not even really a pool person, but that pool? Pure bliss.
**The Verdict:** It's definitely in the "spend half the day relaxing" category. Bring sunscreen, a good book, and be prepared to not want to leave. Seriously, it's hard to leave. If they had a waiter servicing the pool exclusively, I might still be there.
Are there any downsides? Any hidden costs or things I should know before booking?
Okay, let's get real. No place is perfect. There are a few things to consider.
- **Cost:** It's not budget travel, okay? It's luxury. Expect to pay a premium. But honestly? Worth it, in my opinion.
- **Noise:** While the street is relatively quiet, you're still in a city. Sometimes you'll hear the distant sounds of mariachi music (mostly a good thing, right?), and the occasional passing vehicle. Doesn't bother me, but if you're *super* sensitive to noise, bring earplugs.
- **Hidden Costs?** The prices are listed upfront, but the cocktails and the food at the restaurant can add up. And they will. Be prepared to open your wallet, but the experience justifies the cost.
**Emotional Reaction:** Honestly, the "downsides" are incredibly minor. If I *had* to nitpick, I might say the gym is pretty basic (I didn't even used it, tbh). But the overall experience is so fantastic thatFind Your Perfect Stay

