Montpellier's Hidden Gem: Olive Tree B&B - Unforgettable Stay!
Montpellier's Hidden Gem: Olive Tree B&B - Unforgettable Stay! - The Honest Truth (and Why You NEED to Book It!)
Okay, folks, buckle up. I'm about to tell you about the Olive Tree B&B in Montpellier. Forget the perfectly curated Instagram feeds. This is the real deal. This is the slightly dusty, wonderfully quirky, intensely charming B&B that’s secretly been whispering sweet nothings to my soul for the last few weeks. And yeah, I’m probably still daydreaming about the croissants.
First, Let's Talk Accessibility (Because, You Know, It Matters!)
Right, so accessibility. This is crucial. The Olive Tree, bless its heart, isn't exactly a sprawling, state-of-the-art, everything-is-perfect-for-everyone kind of place. But! They do have facilities for disabled guests. Now, I didn't personally need them, but from what I gathered, they're trying. There's an elevator (halle-freaking-lujah!) and they seem genuinely committed to making things work. They're not shouting from the rooftops about being perfectly accessible, and I appreciate that honesty. Because, face it, perfection is boring. They’re working towards it, and that's a damn good start. They should probably shout more about it!!
The Grub: Where the Real Magic Happens (And Those Croissants)
Oh. My. God. The food. Where to even begin?
Breakfast: Forget your sad, pre-packaged continental breakfast. We’re talking a spread that makes you want to weep tears of pure, buttery joy. They have Asian breakfast, they have Western breakfast, they have EVERYTHING, even a dedicated vegetarian restaurant menu. The croissant situation? Forget about it. Seriously, I’m pretty sure I gained five pounds just thinking about that flaky, golden goodness. And remember, the breakfast takeaway service is a Godsend when you're trying to catch an early train!
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: I didn’t personally make it to the poolside bar (more on that later!), but I definitely explored the coffee shop. The coffee was good. Really good. And they have a snack bar that I may or may not have raided for desserts in the restaurant more than once. They really offer alternative meal arrangement which is great.
The R&R: Poolside Dreams & "Almost-Spa" Bliss
Okay, so the "Spa" area is a mixed bag. Let’s be honest, the "Spa" is not a full-blown, stress-melting spa. It's not the Four Seasons. But, it’s charming. They offer a pool with a view – and it’s a damn good view! There’s a sauna. The pool, though… that's where I spent a good chunk of my vacation. Just floating, staring at that view. Pure bliss. They have a Gym/fitness too.
- The Pool with a View: Here's where the real magic happens. Imagine this: warm sun, a gentle breeze, the scent of… well, I don’t know the scent, but it's French and heavenly, lapping waves, and enough space your in the pool and no to hear them (or at least, the only noise is the soft hum of contentment radiating from your very soul). That’s the Olive Tree pool experience. I kid you not, I spent about three hours just staring at the view. I probably looked like a sun-worshipping lizard. I don't care. It was perfect.
Cleanliness & Safety (Because We Live in the Real World)
Let’s be real, safety is paramount. The Olive Tree, thankfully, seems to get this.
- Anti-viral Cleaning Products: They're using them.
- Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Check.
- Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Absolutely. Their staff are trained in safety protocol.
- Hygiene Certification: They have this! This gives me complete peace of mind.
They've really gone the extra mile to make you feel safe. And, hey, it worked. I felt comfortable and secure the entire time. They even have doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit, just in case.
The Rooms: Cozy, Comfortable, and Definitely Not Sterile
My room? It wasn’t perfect. It wasn't a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel room. It had character. It had… a slight dent in the door. And a view that made me forget all about the dent. They have smoking area available which is important.
The Imperfections Were Perfect: The room was equipped with air conditioning, Wi-Fi, free bottled water, linens, hair dryer, safety/security feature, etc. They offer room decorations too. It felt lived-in and loved. And that, I think, is the point. They have non-smoking and soundproof rooms, with smoke alarms.
Extras: Included in that comfortability, are the various room features, such as the additional toilet, alarm clock, bathtub, coffee/tea maker, desk, interconnecting room(s) available, and sofa.
Services & Conveniences: The Little Extras That Make All the Difference
Air Conditioning in Public Areas: Crucial, especially in Montpellier!
Laundry service: They have this !
Elevator: Again, huge win.
Luggage storage: Very helpful.
Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless every day.
Concierge: Available to help.
Car park [free of charge] / Car park [on-site]: Yup! Huge bonus, especially if you’re driving.
For the Kids: Family Fun!
The Olive Tree is family/child friendly and they have babysitting service, and kids meal.
Getting Around: Exploring Montpellier
Airport transfer: They can arrange it. It’s a definite plus.
Taxi service: Available.
Bicycle parking: They have it.
The Anecdote: My Poolside Revelation
Okay, now for the truly messy part. I spent one afternoon by the pool. This wasn't just any afternoon. This was one of those days where the sun hit just right, the sky was the perfect shade of blue, and the world felt, for a brief, shining moment, utterly perfect.
I’d been wrestling with some work stuff. Feeling stressed. Overthinking everything. But, sitting there, by that pool with that view, something shifted. It was like all the tension just melted away. I remember thinking, "This is it. This is what it's all about." I may have even shed a tiny, happy tear. Don't judge.
Then, a small child splashed me. And, you know what? I didn't even care. Because that moment, that feeling of pure, unadulterated joy, was worth every single splash.
The Verdict: Book it! (Seriously, Do It!)
Look, the Olive Tree B&B isn't perfect. It's got its quirks. And, honestly, that's what makes it special. This place is a charmer. It's not some sterile, corporate experience. It's a place with a soul. It's a place where you can relax, be yourself, and (hopefully) eat all the croissants.
Here's My Offer (Just For You!)
Don’t just dream about Montpellier, experience it! For a limited time, when you book your stay at the Olive Tree B&B through [Your Booking Website, e.g., "our exclusive link"], you'll receive:
- A complimentary upgrade (based on availability - think a room with an even better view!).
- A free bottle of local wine upon arrival (because, you know, France).
- A voucher for free croissant and coffee at the coffee shop!
Click Here to Book Your Unforgettable Montpellier Escape! ([Your Booking Link Here])
Why wait? Get ready to fall in love with Montpellier (and those darn croissants!)
Escape to Paradise: Lavande Hotel's Luxurious Zhongshan Getaway
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because my Montpellier Chambres d'hôtes sous l'olivier itinerary is less a finely-honed travel plan and more a rambling, slightly-tipsy love letter to the South of France. Consider yourself warned.
Pre-Trip Anxiety Bonanza (aka The Before Times):
- Weeks Before: Okay, picture this: me, staring blankly at my laptop, the word “Montpellier” shimmering in the Google search bar. The French. It intimidated me. My high school French was… nonexistent. Still, the photos of the olive grove in the Chambres d'hôtes sous l'olivier had lodged in my soul. I booked it, a decision fueled by wine and a desperate need to escape my soul-crushing desk job.
- Packing Nightmare: Trying to pack for anything is a disaster for me. I overpack, always. I’m sure I brought three pairs of the same type of jeans. Also, I'd panic packed ALL sizes of shoes. You know, just in case. My suitcase weighed approximately the same as a small car.
- Departure Day Fury: I nearly missed my flight. Traffic, you see. And my luggage was apparently too heavy. Cue the dramatic, slightly-hysterical scramble, the pleading with security… Oh, the drama!
Day 1: Arrival and First Impressions (aka Glorious Mess):
- Afternoon Arrival & Chambre d'hôtes Love: The flight was hell, but then I went to the hotel. And WOW! The Chambres d'hôtes sous l'olivier was even more gorgeous than what I’d seen. Olive trees everywhere! The air smelled of sunshine and something indescribably French. Marie, the owner, greeted me with a smile that could melt glaciers. (And my pre-trip anxiety? Poof! Gone.) I was obsessed with the decor instantly. It was all rustic charm and a cozy, welcoming vibe. I instantly felt like I'd stumbled into a fairytale.
- First Impressions of Montpellier: The city itself? Stunning. The architecture is like it’s stepped out of a postcard, and the narrow cobbled streets… Ugh, heaven! I got gloriously lost immediately, which led me to a tiny, unassuming bistro where I devoured a plate of local cheese and a glass of… you guessed it, rosé. I felt like a whole new human eating the cheese. And the rosé? Flowing like the Fontain de la place de la Comédie (the fountain in the square).
- Evening Stumble: I attempted to find the Place de la Comédie (again!), but it was getting dark. I got distracted by a charming little bookshop filled with novels I couldn’t even begin to understand. I bought a postcard – a completely pointless purchase, but I was feeling very romantic. I ended up back at the bistro, repeating the cheese and rosé performance, and then wobbled back to the Chambres d'hôtes.
Day 2: Culture Shock and Culinary Delights (aka The Feast Continues):
- Breakfast Bliss: Marie’s breakfasts were a thing. Fresh croissants, crusty bread, local honey… and the coffee? Dark, strong, and perfect. I could have stayed in the breakfast courtyard forever. I did, in fact, linger for way longer than was strictly necessary. The olive trees provided the perfect shade. I had to force myself to actually explore Montpellier.
- Exploring the Heart of the City: I braved the Place de la Comédie, finally! It's grand, it's majestic, it's… swamped with tourists. (Including me, I guess.) I wandered through the streets, ogling the architecture. I even attempted to decipher some French street signs. (Failure. Total, magnificent failure.) I loved the sheer buzz of the city.
- Market Madness & Lunchtime Revelations: The Marché des Arceaux. OMG. A sensory overload in the best possible way. Mountains of fresh produce, colourful flowers, cheeses that smelled (and tasted!) heavenly. The air buzzed. I bought a baguette and some olives and found a small park to enjoy it all. I felt the urge to break out into spontaneous french.
- Afternoon Slump & Dinner Adventure: After what felt like a food baby the size of a water melon, I somehow found the strength to push off my nap. Then, I decided to be adventurous and find a restaurant. I saw a place filled with local people. The food? Fabulous. The language barrier? Hilarious. I managed to order something that vaguely resembled what I thought I was ordering, and it was DELICIOUS! I swear, the experience makes the food taste better. Wine and food. The universal language.
Day 3: Coastal Capers and Sunset Dreams (aka Pure Bliss, Mostly):
- Beach Bonding: The Coast is Calling. I decided to take a day trip to the coast. The Mediterranean! The sun! The sand! I hopped on a tram that took me to Palavas-les-Flots. The beach was beautiful and long, but filled with families and tourists. I found a spot of peacefulness, set up and read for two hours (the first day I'd done this).
- Lunch with a View: I found a little seafood place right on the beach. Fresh grilled fish, again, and a bottle of… you guessed it… rosé. Watching the waves was therapeutic.
- Sunset Spectacle: Back in Montpellier. I went to a rooftop bar and watched the sunset. The colours were insane, painting the city in hues of pink and gold. That moment felt like pure magic. I had tears in my eyes at how beautiful it was. It reminded me to slow down and cherish the tiny, beautiful moments.
Day 4: Rambles and Regrets (aka The Aftermath):
- The Regrettable Mistake: The morning started with the crushing realization that I hadn’t bought enough souvenirs. Also, I felt a little hungover. That’s the price you pay for that glorious rosé!
- A Rambling Hike: I forced myself to go for a walk. I actually stumbled across a vineyard not too far. The scenery was stunning, all rolling hills and olive groves. I had to admit, with a bit of wine, the place was magical!
- Late Lunch, Early Dreams: I did what I could and somehow found myself back at my new favorite bistro. I knew I'd be leaving in the morning. The food I'd been eating all week would stay with me forever. Wine. I had a glass. Or two. I bought a journal and wrote until I nearly passed out.
Day 5: Departure (aka The Sad Farewell):
- The Last Breakfast: One last Marie breakfast. I wanted to cry! I actually did, a little. The croissants were extra buttery, and the coffee was strong. It was almost too much to handle.
- Embracing the Goodbye: I looked around the courtyard one last time, at the olive trees, the sunshine, the whole beautiful, chaotic scene and smiled. It was time to go. I hugged Marie goodbye and promised I'd be back.
- The Journey Home: The flight back was fine. (I didn't miss it this time). And as the plane took off, all I could think was, "I'll be back, Montpellier. I'll be back."
Post-Trip Musings & General Rambling:
- The Food: I've gained 5 lbs, and I'm okay with it. The food was that good. I dream about the cheese.
- The Language Barrier: Let's just say my French hasn't magically improved. But somehow, I managed, and now I can order pizza if I was in the zone.
- The People: The French are… well, French. Sometimes a little intimidating, sometimes incredibly warm and welcoming. But always interesting.
- The Memories: This trip was more than just a vacation. It was a reset. A chance to breathe, to indulge, to lose myself (literally!) in the beauty of the South of France. And it was messy and imperfect and that's why it was perfect.
So there you have it. A messy, wonderful, and utterly honest account of my Montpellier adventure. Go. Explore. Get lost. Eat the cheese. Drink the rosé. And don’t be afraid to make a glorious mess of it all. You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: Hilton Garden Inn Santiago del Estero Awaits!
So, Olive Tree B&B… sounds *fancy*. Is it actually worth it?
What’s the deal with the olive trees, *specifically*? I mean, are they just… there?
Breakfast… okay, you mentioned it. Is it really *that* good?
Is Montpellier itself worth visiting? I’ve heard mixed things…
Okay, but what about the *downsides*? There must be something…
Is it family-friendly? I’ve got kids…
Any advice for booking?
Final verdict: would you go back?

