2Places Side Lorrach Germany: Unveiling the Hidden Gems You Won't Believe Exist!
2Places Side Lörrach: Okay, Okay, WOW! A Review (and Maybe a Confession)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your sanitized travel blog review. This is the REAL DEAL, fresh off the heels of my stay at 2Places Side Lörrach, Germany. And let me tell you, it's going to be a rollercoaster. Seriously, my expectations were low. Lörrach? Sounds like a Tuesday night in the library, right? Wrong. SO. VERY. WRONG. This place… it's got secrets. And I’m about to spill the tea (or maybe the Glühwein, depending on the season).
First things first: The Access (and My Anxiety About It!)
Okay, so I'm not going to lie, I’m a bit of a mess when it comes to travel. I'm talking "will I remember my passport?" mess. And the accessibility stuff always gives me a mini-panic attack. But 2Places Side? Chef's kiss. Like, actual chef's kiss. They've got this.
- Accessibility: They seriously get it. I saw elevators, accessible rooms (though I didn't need one this time), and just generally, a feeling that they thought about everyone. It’s not just a box they ticked; it feels genuine.
- Wheelchair accessible: Yep. Big tick. Easy peasy.
- Check-in/out [express] & Contactless check-in/out: Saved me precious time. I'm a speed demon when it comes to getting to the snacks, let's be honest.
Rooms: My Own Little Fortress of Comfort (and Questionable Life Choices)
My room? Oh, my room. It was a cocoon of calm… and a few strategically placed snack wrappers. They call them non-smoking rooms, but let’s just say my vape pen (again… don't judge!) found a comfortable home on the nightstand.
- Available in all rooms: This is where the magic happens: Air conditioning (essential, trust me), Free Wi-Fi (more on that later), and a ridiculously comfy bed. Seriously, I could have slept for a week.
- Internet Access – LAN & Wireless: This is where I got a little confused. They had the LAN, but I just went with the Wi-Fi, easy peasy, lemon squeezey.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: YES. Praise be. I needed that connection for my Instagram stories. (Don’t tell anyone!)
- Additional Toilet, Extra Long Bed, Bathrobes, Slippers, & Coffee/Tea Maker: The little things, people! The little things! The bathrobes were so plush I almost wore them to breakfast. Almost.
- On-demand movies: Hello, epic stay-at-home movie night! (And yes, I definitely watched a rom-com… or three.)
- Laptop workspace: I pretended to work. Really, I mostly just browsed travel blogs.
Food, Glorious Food (and My Overeating Adventures)
Okay, so the dining situation at 2Places Side. Let's just say I gained approximately five pounds. No regrets.
- Restaurants: Plural. Multiple options, each with its own charm.
- Breakfast [buffet]: HEAVEN. Absolute, unadulterated heaven. The buffet was a glorious, carb-filled masterpiece. I’m talking fresh pastries, cheeses, meats, and enough coffee to fuel a small army. I may have gone back for seconds (and thirds… and maybe a sneaky fourth).
- Breakfast in room: Tempting, but I was all about that social buffet life.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant & International cuisine in restaurant: Diversity, baby! They had it all. From Pad Thai to Wiener Schnitzel. My stomach was a happy, confused mess.
- Coffee shop: For the caffeine freaks like me. Essential.
- Room service [24-hour]: Perfect for those late-night snack attacks. (Again, don’t judge!).
(Rambles aside, more food experiences later…)
Things To Do (aka, Stuff That Almost Got Me OUT of Bed)
The whole "things to do" thing can be tricky! I'm a relax-in-bed, eat-things-in-bed, watch-TV-in-bed kind of gal. But I did venture out… eventually.
Swimming pool [outdoor] & Pool with view: The pool was gorgeous. Sparkling blue water. Gorgeous views. I… might have dipped a toe. Okay, fine. I spent a solid hour lounging by it, pretending to be a glamorous jetsetter.
Fitness center: I saw it. From afar. (Embarrassing, I know).
Spa/sauna & Sauna & Steamroom: Okay, THESE, I actually used. The sauna was pure bliss. The steamroom… well, let's just say I emerged feeling like a newborn baby.
Massage: I'm definitely going to book a massage next time. I was just too busy stuffing my face to prioritize it this time.
Things to do & Ways to relax: They got it!
For the kids: I saw a family with their kids around the hotel, it was awesome, and the kids have their pool so the hotel is definitely family-friendly.
(more rambling about pools, saunas, and massages… later…)
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Sanitization Tango
Look, I'm a germaphobe. Don't @ me. But 2Places Side nailed it.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Check.
- Honestly, I felt safer there than at my own house.
…But Wait, There's More! The Unsung Heroes and Hidden Gems!
This is where 2Places Side truly shines. The little things. The things that make it feel… special.
- Concierge & Doorman: They were genuinely helpful. Like, went-above-and-beyond helpful.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Made me feel good.
- Souvenir shop: Tempting, very tempting.
- Safety deposit boxes: Excellent!
- Currency exchange: Very convinient!!
(The one thing that makes this place unique and a must see.)
The Couple's Room Ok, so I could not experience this, but I felt I had to touch on it. 2Places Side has the most beautiful set of couple rooms. These rooms are built with a theme, and built for the most sensual experiences. I cannot give you details on the rooms, but as a reviewer I will say, WOW.
…And The Imperfections (Because I'm Real)
- My stomach after the buffet: Let's just say I wore pants with an elastic waistband.
- The fact that I didn't stay longer.
- No Pets Allowed
Final Verdict and a (Seriously) Tempting Offer:
2Places Side Lörrach isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place where you can relax, indulge, and maybe, just maybe, completely forget about the real world for a while. It's clean, it's comfortable, it's convenient, and it's got something special that's hard to put into words.
So, here's my proposition:
Book your stay at 2Places Side Lörrach within the next 30 days and receive 15% off your room rate, plus a complimentary [choose ONE]:
- A spa treatment of your choice (massage, anyone?)
- A three-course dinner at the hotel's acclaimed restaurant.
- Complimentary access to the sauna or steamroom
Use the code "LorraWow" at checkout to claim your discount!
Don't wait! This offer won't last forever. And trust me, you deserve this. Go treat yourself. Seriously. You won't regret it.
(And yes, I'm already planning my return.
Escape to Paradise: Hill View Residence Awaits in Lonavala!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, meticulously planned itinerary. This is a messy, slightly-panicked, utterly human attempt to see Side, Turkey, and Lörrach, Germany, in a single trip. Don't expect perfection. Expect chaos. And maybe a tear or two (of laughter, hopefully).
The Great Side-Lörrach Adventure: A Messy Itinerary (with a Side of Meltdown)
Phase 1: Side, Turkey - Sun, Sand, and Sheer Dumb Luck
Day 1: Arrival & "Oh God, I Forgot My Adapter!"
- Morning: Arrive in Antalya (or, let's be honest, probably arrive late because the luggage gods hate me). Immediately get hit with a wall of heat. I’m talking 'melt your mascara' heat. Find a tiny airport transfer van that promises to take me to Side. Hope. Pray.
- Afternoon: Check into whatever hotel I manage to book on the fly. Discover that the outlet situation is…unfamiliar. Panic sets in. Where is my travel adapter?! Commence an epic quest through the dusty, sun-baked streets of Side, frantically asking locals where I can find such a mythical device. Learn a few crucial Turkish phrases: "Nerede adaptor var?" (Where is an adapter?) and "Teşekkür ederim!" (Thank you!) – because honestly, I'll be saying the second one a LOT.
- Evening: Finally, victory! Find an adapter in a chaotic, but ultimately charming, little souvenir shop. Celebrate with a (potentially dodgy) kebab and a cold Efes beer on a rooftop overlooking the Mediterranean. The sunset is genuinely breathtaking. Feel a twinge of…peace. For approximately 30 seconds.
Day 2: The Ancient Ruins and the Unexpected Emotional Gut Punch
- Morning: Stumbled half-asleep out of my hotel, trying to look intelligent for the ancient ruins! The Temple of Apollo. OMG. Magnificent. I mean, the history! The scale! I try to imagine the Romans swaggering around here. Get distracted, take 300 photos of the same crumbling column.
- Afternoon: Decide to be "cultural" and visit the Side Museum. Realize I haven't got much energy left. Wander around, feeling vaguely underwhelmed and slightly guilty about it. Discover they have displays about ancient medical practices. It's a bit…grim. Start thinking about the last time I was sick. Vaguely regret the kebab.
- Evening: And here’s the gut punch. While on the beach, eating a slightly too-salty fried fish. Something about the way the waves were crashing, the air so warm, the twilight…a wave of melancholy hits. Suddenly miss my dog, my friends, my life back home. Briefly consider running away and joining a circus. Drink another beer. It helps, a little.
Day 3: Beach Bum Life (and a Lesson in Letting Go)
- Morning: Vow to just. Relax today. Hit the beach. It's hot, the sun is intense, but the water is impossibly clear. Lie on a sunbed, trying to read a book but really staring at the turquoise water. Accidentally fall asleep. Get a sunburn. Regret everything.
- Afternoon: Try to learn to windsurf. Fail miserably (it’s harder than it looks!). Spend an hour being tossed around by the waves. Swallow a fair amount of seawater. Realise I have absolutely no sense of balance. Laugh at myself. Finally.
- Evening: Go back to the rooftop restaurant, but this time ordered the fish, with Lemon and potatoes and some greens… which was actually quite good. Watch the sun go down a second time, and feel much less melancholy. This time.
Day 4: Farewell Side (and the Dread of the Next Flight)
- Morning: One last stroll through the streets of Side. Buy souvenirs. Do some frantic last-minute souvenir shopping. Spend all my remaining Turkish Lira on something utterly pointless (probably a cat-shaped trinket).
- Afternoon: The long wait at Antalya airport. Try to be optimistic. Pray to the luggage gods that my bag makes it to Germany.
- Evening: Finally on the flight to Frankfurt, Germany. Pray everything goes well, and I don’t throw up. And that the plane doesn’t fall out of the sky. Sleep. Dream of adapters.
Phase 2: Lörrach, Germany - The Unexpected (and Possibly Chaotic) German Chapter
Day 5: Arrival in Germany & The Great Train Fiasco
- Morning: Land in Frankfurt, pick up my luggage (miraculously intact!). Find the train to Lörrach. Or at least, try to. The German train system is…efficient, I'm told. I manage to get on the wrong train three times before I give up and ask for help. A kind, elderly German woman (who speaks very little English) takes pity on me and guides me. She clearly thinks I'm an idiot. I deserve it.
- Afternoon: Arrive in Lörrach. Check into the hotel. The room is…functional. But the view from the window is of…a car park. Sigh. Time to explore Lörrach.
- Evening: Discover a surprisingly charming town center. Eat some delicious German food – maybe a wurst, or a schnitzel. Sip local beer. Feel a vague sense of relief that the chaos of Turkey is behind me. But the slight feeling of 'where am I?' still lingers.
Day 6: Basel Excursion & The Art of Pretending to Know Things
- Morning: Take a train to Basel, Switzerland (which apparently, is close by!). Visit the Kunstmuseum Basel. Wander around, pretending to understand abstract art. Look at the paintings with a kind of thoughtful expression. Think about taking notes, and take a picture of my notes. Feel vaguely intimidated by the sheer cultural weight of the place.
- Afternoon: Wander through the colorful streets of Basel. Admire the architecture. Eat cheese. Spend all my Swiss Francs on chocolate (because, well, chocolate).
- Evening: Back in Lörrach. Reflect on the day. Realize I have no idea what I actually saw at the museum. Decide it doesn't matter. It was still…something.
Day 7: The Schwarzwald & A Lesson in Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road
- Morning: (If I'm feeling brave): Rent a car and attempt a drive through the Black Forest (Schwarzwald). Probably get lost. Probably drive on the wrong side of the road at least once (or twice). Probably get honked at.
- Afternoon: (Assuming I survive the driving experience): Stop at a scenic village, eat Black Forest cake (must!). Breathe in the fresh forest air. Try to appreciate the beauty of the region, even though I'm probably a nervous wreck.
- Evening: Return the car (if I haven't crashed it). Collapse in the hotel room. Drink a large beer.
Day 8: Final Day & The Existential Dread of Departure
- Morning: Wander around Lörrach one last time. Buy more souvenirs (because…why not?). Sit in a cafe, drink coffee, watch people. Feel a twinge of sadness that the trip is ending.
- Afternoon: Pack. Pack, and maybe unpack and repack, trying to figure out how to fit everything back into my suitcase. Panic about the flight.
- Evening: Depart from Basel Airport (or perhaps the Frankfurt airport. Honestly, who knows by this point?). Face the inevitable exhaustion of the flight home. Think about the sun of Side, the history, the chaos, the adaptors, and the new memories, and smile.
Important Notes & Disclaimer:
- This itinerary is a suggestion. It will very likely be completely ignored.
- Travel delays and unexpected events are a certainty. Embrace them!
- My emotional state will fluctuate wildly. Prepare accordingly.
- The success of this trip is highly dependent on the availability of functioning travel adapters.
- Do not expect me to be a reliable source of travel advice. I am as likely to get lost as I am to find my way.
And that, my friends, is my plan. Wish me luck. Or, you know, just wish me a functioning adapter. That’ll do. :)
Escape to Lavande Hotel: Chongqing's Yangjiaping Paradise!
Oh My God, Lorrach?! Unveiling the Hidden Gems (and Some Seriously Awkward Moments)
Okay, Seriously, Lorrach? Where *Is* This Place? I've Never Even Heard of It!
Alright, alright, I get it. Lorrach isn't exactly on everyone's bucket list. Heck, before I went, I could barely spell it! Picture this: you're in the very southwest corner of Germany, practically hugging Switzerland and France. That’s Lorrach's claim to fame: the border-hopping lifestyle. You can literally walk to Basel in Switzerland. I once walked across the border to buy, let's just say, *certain* Swiss chocolates that are considerably cheaper. (Don’t tell anyone!)
Think of it as a quaint little town nestled in the foothills of the Black Forest. Imagine cobblestone streets, and the faint smell of… well, good bread and something else I can't quite place. Maybe it's the proximity to the Swiss cheese factories? Whatever it is, it made me hungry ALL the time.
What's the Vibe? Is it Touristy? Do I Need to Brush Up on My German?
Tourist level: Low. Like, *really* low. You won't find herds of selfie stick-wielding maniacs. This is more… *relaxed*. It’s a genuine, lived-in kind of place. That’s also the place where I tried to order a beer in mangled High German and the bartender just… stared at me. Like, for a long time. Then he started laughing and switched to perfect English. So, thankfully, a little rusty German won’t kill you.
The vibe is very chill. There's a beautiful mix of cultures, thanks to those borders. You’ll hear Swiss German, French, and of course, variations of German. The people are incredibly friendly and patient, even if you butcher the language. Just be prepared for the occasional blank stare, which, I confess, I experienced more than once.
Okay, Spill the Beans! What Are the Must-See Things, The "Hidden Gems"?
Alright, buckle up. This is where it gets interesting. First, let's talk *Grün 80*. This is the big one. It's a sprawling garden and park area. I went there on a whim and was completely blown away. Flowers, art installations, quiet spots to just… think. It was a total sensory overload in the best way possible. I sat there for at least three hours, and it would have been longer if I didn't need something to eat. Which, by the way, do not eat before going! There is a restaurant there, and I almost had a heart attack when the waiter told me it was fully booked. Make sure to take a little picnic to eat here, because it's truly beautiful.
Then there's the *Dreiländereck (Three Country Corner)*. This is where Germany, Switzerland, and France meet. It’s a bit of a tourist trap, but cool nonetheless. You can literally stand in three countries at once! I took a million photos there and most of them came out terrible. I'm talking blurry, thumb-in-the-lens territory. Fail.
And don't miss the *Museum am Burghof* (Lörrach Museum). It has some fascinating local history and art. I'm not usually a museum person, but I found myself surprisingly intrigued. Okay, I admit, I might have fallen asleep at one point. But, you know, jet lag.
Tell Me About the Food! Specifically, Where Do I Eat?! And What?!
Food. Ah, the thing that makes me happiest. Prepare for a hearty feast! German cuisine is a glorious beast. First, you MUST try *Flammkuchen*. It's like a thin-crust pizza but with a creamy sauce and toppings. My stomach is growling just thinking about it. I had it everywhere I went, that's how much I love it. Find a place with a cozy patio, order a local beer (try the *Lörracher*!), and just… savor.
Another place to get the taste of the place is the *Marktplatz*. The market is a fantastic place to grab snacks and eat outside. The people are amazing and they also offer a free wine tasting. If you can snag a table at a restaurant in the Altstadt (Old Town), the atmosphere is unbeatable. And don't be afraid to try the local sausages – they’re fantastic. Just... be careful with the mustard. It's stronger than you think. My mistake.
Is it Easy To Get Around? Do I Need a Car?
Public transport is surprisingly good. The trains and trams in the region are efficient and reliable. I didn't rent a car and didn't need one. You can easily get to Basel and other nearby towns by train. Walking is also a great option within Lorrach itself. I did a LOT of walking. Like, a ridiculous amount. My feet were killing me by the end of the trip.
However, if you REALLY want to explore the Black Forest, a car might be useful. But be warned: the roads can be… windy. I get motion sickness, so I decided to skip it. I'd rather stick with train trips and a lot of walking.
Any Quirks or Awkward Moments You Experienced? Come Clean!
Oh, you want stories? I've got stories! Okay, so I tried to order a *Kaffee mit Milch* (coffee with milk) at a cafe. I thought I was being so clever with my German. Turns out, the barista didn't speak much English and looked at me like I had two heads. I tried to explain that I wanted milk. She just kept staring. Finally, in a moment of desperate inspiration, I pointed at a carton of milk on the counter and mimed pouring it into a cup. She burst out laughing, and then, thankfully, made my coffee. It was delicious. My german, not so good.
Then there was the time I got lost in the little alleyways and had to ask directions. My German was clearly not cutting it, and the poor woman I asked barely spoke English. We ended up communicating with frantic hand gestures and a lot of confused giggling. I learned that day that universal language is just laughing at yourself.
And there was the time I accidentally walked into a private garden… thinking it was part of the *Grün80*. I got a polite, but slightly stern, talking-to from the homeowner. Mortifying. I quickly apologized, backed away slowly, and vowed to pay more attention to gate signs.
Is It Safe? Anything I Should Be Worried About?
Lorrach felt incredibly safe. I walked around at all hours without feelingChicstayst

