Jaisalmer's Sana Desert: Unforgettable Safari Camp Adventure!

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Jaisalmer's Sana Desert: Unforgettable Safari Camp Adventure!

Jaisalmer's Sana Desert: Unforgettable Safari Camp Adventure! – Or Was It? (A Surprisingly Honest Rant)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Sana Desert Safari Camp in Jaisalmer, and let me tell you, my brain is still dusted with sand and… well, let's just say it's a mixed bag. This isn't your polished brochure review; this is the raw, unfiltered truth, with a healthy dose of my personal brand of chaotic energy.

Accessibility: The Good, The Bad, and the Camel… (Maybe Not the Camel)

Let's rip the band-aid off: accessibility? Not their strong suit. While the website boasted about "facilities for disabled guests", this is a desert camp, people! Imagine rolling through sand dunes in a wheelchair. Yeah. My experience? They tried. The pathways were mostly flat-ish, but the sand… the SAND! It's EVERYWHERE. The main tents were okay, but maneuvering around the common areas definitely needed a little more thought. A dedicated accessible ramp by the reception would've been a godsend. Rating: 2/5 for effort, 1/5 for execution.

On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: See above. The main eating areas were relatively accessible, but the sand… I'm repeating myself, aren't I?

Internet Access (and Free Wi-Fi… Hallelujah!)

Alright, the modern world hasn't totally escaped us. Free Wi-Fi in your rooms! Bless. Seriously, surviving a desert adventure without Instagram is a skill I haven’t quite mastered. The Wi-Fi was shockingly good; decent enough to upload my selfie with a camel (more on the camel later). There was also Internet [LAN] in the main business area, but who uses that anymore? I’m all about that sweet, sweet wireless life. Rating: 4.5/5. Wi-Fi saved my sanity.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, COVID)

Okay, this is where Sana Desert shined. They clearly took COVID seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, daily disinfection, and staff trained in safety protocols. They used anti-viral cleaning products and had rooms sanitized between stays. They also had individually-wrapped food options and the staff constantly wore masks. Pretty impressive. They're on top of this. The sanitized kitchen and tableware are a welcome sight. Rating: 4.8/5. Felt safe, which is a huge win.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and My Stomach)

Let's talk grub. They offered a breakfast buffet with a mix of Asian and Western options. The Asian breakfast was the star, but let me be real: I'm a Western breakfast girl. The coffee/tea in the restaurant was standard fare. The poolside bar was… well, it was there. Mostly used by the local tourists. They had restaurants and a snack bar which were decent, and I appreciated the alternative meal arrangement for a fussy eater like me. The A la carte in restaurant was OK, however, the desserts in restaurant were the best. The Happy hour offer was a good thing as an international cuisine restaurant was available. There was a selection of salads and soup in the restaurant and the vegetarian restaurant was also an option. Rating 4/5 for the variety, 3/5 for my personal taste.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax… And My Quest for Inner Peace (Spoiler: I Found It Mostly in the Sauna)

This is where Sana Desert really leaned into the "adventure" part.

  • The Camel Safari: Yeah, it was… an experience. Imagine yourself, swaying precariously on a camel, baked alive by the sun. It’s what I imagine being trapped in a slow-motion washing machine feels like. I'm not sure if I'm a camel person.
  • The Pool with a View: The pool was actually a highlight. Clear, refreshing water, perfect for cooling off after a day of desert shenanigans. Rating: 5/5 - Poolside bliss achieved.
  • The Spa! I'm not one for massages. I'm more of a "let's try everything" kind of girl. If there's a sauna (there was!), I'm in. They had a lovely spa with options for some beauty treats. The Body wrap was an experience, and the body scrub was just great. Rating: 4/5. The sauna was my heaven.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things (That Matter)

They offered air conditioning in public areas (thank heavens!), concierge service, and daily housekeeping. They did laundry service too, as well as some great luggage storage facilities. There was even a gift shop. They had business facilities with meeting/banquet facilities. There was a terrace and a shrine. Rating: 4/5. Generally good, but the elevator was missing.

For the Kids (I Don’t Have Any, But I Saw Some)

While I didn't utilize the babysitting service, there were definite kids facilities, and the camp seemed pretty family/child-friendly.

Getting Around: Wheels and Wings and… More Wheels

They provided airport transfer (essential, given the desert location), car park [free of charge], car park [on-site] and taxi service. A valet parking was available. Good for getting you there, good for getting you set.

Available In All Rooms:

This is the nitty gritty of the room. Yes to air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub (luxury!), blackout curtains, closet, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed (appreciated!), free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mirror, non-smoking, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service, and window that opens. (I'm not sure I needed a window that opens in the desert, but hey, options!) Big thumbs up for the Wi-Fi [free].

My Weird, Wonderful Experience:

Let's talk about my personal highlights and gripes. The pool with a view was a lifesaver after a seriously bumpy camel ride. I spent hours just lounging there and watching the sunset. The staff was generally lovely. The food was decent, but I was really hoping for something more authentic. The sauna was my ultimate escape. It was hot, and it was wonderful.

The Imperfections:

  • The access issue needs some serious attention. This is 2024, people!
  • My tent was decorated, but I didn't need any room decorations.
  • While they were good, I'm not sure the additional toilet was necessary.
  • One staff member kept forgetting my name. This isn't so bad, but I thought it was amusing.
  • The shrine was nice to see.

The Final Verdict (and My Chaotic Recommendation)

Jaisalmer's Sana Desert: Unforgettable Safari Camp Adventure is… complicated. It's a mix of stunning scenery, comfortable (but not perfect) accommodations, and a certain je ne sais quoi that's hard to put your finger on. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Is it memorable? Absolutely YES.

Here's my pitch:

Tired of boring vacations? Crave an adventure that'll give you stories for years to come? Then book your stay at Sana Desert Safari Camp!

You'll get:

  • Unforgettable desert sunsets (and sunrises if you're brave).
  • A pool that'll make you forget you're in the middle of nowhere.
  • Wi-Fi strong enough to post that camel selfie.
  • A spa where your worries (and maybe your tan lines) will melt away.
  • A slightly imperfect but genuinely charming experience.

And, let's be honest, you need to see this place to believe it.

Book now, and get a free camel ride (your mileage may, and probably will, vary). Just don't blame me if you feel a bit… sandy.

Overall Rating: 4/5 stars (with a strong recommendation to book a camel ride or a spa session).

Uncover the Secrets of Alte Kelter Fellbach: Germany's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the sands of Jaisalmer and the heart of the Sana Desert Safari Camp. This itinerary isn't just a list; it's a survival guide, a love letter to curried goat, and a confession of my utter inability to pack light. Prepare for glorious chaos.

The Sana Desert Safari Camp: Itinerary - or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Desert (Mostly)

Day 1: Arrival – Sand, Sweat & Instant Regrets (But Make it Fashion!)

  • 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive in Jaisalmer. Whew. The flight was bumpy, my luggage feels heavier than a camel, and I'm already regretting my decision to wear that linen jumpsuit. It seemed like a good idea in London, but the heat radiating off the tarmac could melt diamonds. Grab a rickshaw. Haggling is a must, apparently, even though my Hindi consists of "Namaste" and the panicked flailing of my arms.
  • 11:30 AM: Arrive at the Sana Desert Safari Camp. Stunning. Seriously. The tents are way more luxurious than I imagined – think glamping meets a Bedouin sheikh's boudoir. I immediately feel like I've stumbled onto a movie set. My room is a little warm, and the air conditioning appears to be on holiday, but whatever, I'm in the freaking desert!
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. The food! Oh, the food. It's an explosion of flavors I can't even pronounce. I stuff myself with every naan, curry, and dal I can get my hands on. A small part of me is already plotting to smuggle leftover aloo gobi back to the UK. My stomach is starting to feel like a small, contented volcano.
  • 1:30 PM (ish): Attempt to unpack. Fail miserably. My suitcase exploded on arrival, and I'm now surrounded by a sea of mismatched socks and too many pairs of shoes I thought I'd need. This is how it always goes, I swear.
  • 3:00 PM: Camel safari. This is the moment I've been waiting for. Climbing onto that camel felt like a rite of passage… until I was swaying precariously about 10 feet above the ground and questioning every life choice that led me here. It was a bumpy, hilarious ride. Beautiful scenery though, and the guide looked like a character out of a movie, with a twinkle in his eye. I managed to stay on, which I consider a personal victory.
  • 5:00 PM: The Sunset. Honestly, the sunset was insane. The desert lit up with colors I didn't even know existed. Orange, red, purple, all melting together like a giant, delicious sherbet. Took a million photos, which probably won't do it justice. But, I'll try to post them on Instagram with some witty caption. Something like, "Desert dreams and spicy things."
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and Cultural show. More amazing food! Followed by a traditional dance and music performance. The dancers were incredible. The music was hypnotic. The whole thing just radiated joy. I felt a sudden, overwhelming urge to learn to belly dance. (This, naturally, faded after the second plate of gulab jamun.)
  • 9:00 PM: Stargazing. Absolutely magical. Lying on a sand dune, looking up at the endless, glittering sky. I saw so many shooting stars I lost count. Seriously, it was the kind of experience that makes you remember you're a tiny speck in an enormous universe. And also, that maybe you should have packed a warmer jacket.
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep. Exhausted, full of curry, and incredibly happy.

Day 2: Sunrise, Sandboarding, Sandstorm Anxiety, & More Goat!

  • 5:30 AM: Wake up. Against all odds, I actually did wake up for the sunrise. It was even MORE stunning than yesterday's. I mean, come on! The desert does not disappoint when it comes to the sun.
  • 7:00 AM: Sandboarding! Okay, so I'm not a natural. Fell a lot. Ate sand. But it was hilarious. The feeling of flying down that dune, even if only for a few glorious seconds, was pure adrenaline. The guides, bless their hearts, didn't laugh too hard.
  • 8:30 AM: Breakfast. Fueling up the body for all the activities of the day. I think I became an expert on paratha.
  • 9:30 AM: Jeep Safari. This was an opportunity of speed and freedom.
  • 12:00 PM: Free time. Time to rest and do whatever. I choose to read a book and enjoy the fresh air.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Once again, the food was spectacular, and I spent way too long chatting with the other guests.
  • 2:30 PM: More camel Riding and a visit to the dunes, but a sandstorm starts to appear and we need to go back to the camp ASAP.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the camp. The sandstorm gets bigger. My anxiety levels rise. I find a quiet time to sit down and try to see the bright side.
  • 6:00 PM: The storm is now gone, and it's so beautiful outside.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. The chef cooked my favorite food, the goat!
  • 8:00 PM: Enjoying the music and dancing activities.

Day 3: Farewell Sand & Secretly Swiping Spices

  • 7:00 AM: A final, glorious sunrise. And a final, lingering look at the desert. I think I might actually miss it when I leave.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Saying goodbye to the breakfast buffet. I may or may not have discreetly pocketed a few extra roti, just in case.
  • 9:00 AM: Check-out. Time to go. I feel a pang of sadness. I never want to leave.
  • 10:00 AM: Transportation to Jaisalmer city. I will miss this, but I'm already planning my return trip.

Final Thoughts:

This trip was more than just a vacation. It was an experience. The Sana Desert Safari Camp is a gem. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the food was divine, and the whole experience was just… magical. I'm leaving with a suitcase full of sand, a camera roll bursting with photos, and a heart full of memories. And a serious craving for more curried goat. Until next time, Jaisalmer! (And maybe I'll learn to pack properly next time…) Now, does anyone know where I can buy a camel?

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Rosita, Puerto Vallarta Awaits!

Book Now

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp: The Good, the Bad, and the Surprisingly Sleepy Camels (My Jaisalmer Diary)

Okay, spill the tea: Is the Sana Desert Safari Camp actually worth it? Is it all Instagram glamour or nah?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because this is gonna be a rant... I mean, a *candid* assessment. Look, yes, it's worth it. Mostly. The sunsets? Unbelievable. Picture this: Days blend, a golden, dusty haze that slowly bleeds into fiery oranges and then, BAM! Stardust sprayed across a canvas the size of... well, the desert! Seriously breathtaking. You feel like you’re in a movie. And the camp itself, that ‘glamping’ vibe... partially delivers. The tents are comfy enough, the food... mostly edible. But *glamour*? Let’s just say my expectations needed some serious recalibration. It's less 'high-fashion photoshoot' and more 'dusty fun with a slightly dodgy generator that cuts out right when the belly dancing starts'. (More on that later, oh yes, more on that.)

What's the deal with the camel ride? Scared of camels. Seriously.

OH MY GOD, THE CAMEL RIDE. Okay, deep breaths. I *hated* camels before. Always gave them the side-eye. They look… smug. Like they know something we don’t. And they *smell*. Let's just put it that way. But you HAVE to do it. It’s the law of Jaisalmer. It’s the law of the freaking desert! The initial getting-on part is… awkward. Think wobbling and praying you don't topple over like a confused penguin. Then, that slow, deliberate rocking motion begins. At first, it's nausea-inducing. I thought I was going to hurl! But then… something happens. You surrender. You become one with the camel. (Maybe in a slightly queasy way, but still…) The landscape shifts. The world slows. It's actually… peaceful. Except for the persistent feeling that, at any moment, your camel is going to decide to sit down and you'll be flung headfirst into the sand. Which almost happened to the poor bloke in front of me. His face said it all: Pure, unadulterated terror! Good times.

The food. Tell me about the food. I have sensitive digestive system.

Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting. I'm not going to lie, if you have a digestive system that’s easily offended, bring your own Pepto-Bismol. Or, you know, several courses of it. They try! They really do! The staff are lovely, bless their hearts, and the spread is impressive. A veritable buffet of curries, breads, and… other things I couldn't quite identify. I remember a particularly spicy chicken dish that I’m pretty sure caused me to sweat for two hours straight. My face was more of a fire hazard than the campfire! The dal was excellent though. Seriously, the dal was worth the entire trip. And the chapatis? Perfect. But... listen to me carefully: hydrate like it's your job. And strategically place yourself close to a toilet. You'll thank me later.

What about the entertainment? I heard there's dancing. Are we talking Broadway-quality stuff?

Hahaha! Broadway... that's a good one. Okay, let's be real: The entertainment is… enthusiastic. The belly dancing? Well, it's certainly *present*. The dancer was clearly giving it her all, but the lighting, the generator, they all did their best to sabotage the performance. Sometimes the music cut out mid-shimmy. And more than once, the microphone feedback sounded like a dying walrus. It was hilariously chaotic! Yet, somehow charming in its own way. Everyone got into it. Even the old couple from Ohio, who I suspect had never seen anything of this type before. The music, when it *was* playing, was infectious. And the enthusiasm of everyone around you made for a great atmosphere..

The service? Any horror stories?

Alright, okay. Look, service ranges from "charming and helpful" to "slightly bewildered." The staff are generally lovely, genuinely trying to please. Their English can be… spotty, which leads to some hilarious misunderstandings. I once tried to order a beer (desperate times, folks) and ended up with a giant plate of… fried vegetables. Delicious fried vegetables, granted, but not exactly what I was after. But be patient. They'll try their best. The biggest "horror" was more of gentle annoyance and it involved this one dude who kept trying to sell us camel trinkets during dinner, even though we kept saying "no, thank you." Eventually he got the hint.

What should I pack? Be specific! I'm a planner.

Okay, planners, listen up! This is crucial. Forget the designer dresses, people. You're in the desert, not on a yacht. * **Layers, layers, layers:** The temperature swings WILDLY. Think scorching sun during the day, freezing cold at night. Pack a light jacket, a scarf (doubles as a sun protector/face covering), and a warm sweater. * **Sunscreen and a hat:** Obvious, but SO important. The sun is brutal. * **Comfortable shoes:** You'll be walking in sand a lot. Flip-flops are okay for around the camp, but closed-toe shoes are better for the camel ride (and general desert wandering). * **Bug spray:** Just trust me. The desert critters are not fans of human contact. * **Headlamp or flashlight:** The camp gets dark! And the paths are uneven. * **Wet wipes and hand sanitizer:** You'll appreciate these when you're out in the dunes and can't access a proper washroom. * **Toilet paper:** Because... well, you know. * **Medicines:** Bring more than you think you need. You don't want to be caught out without them. * **Cash:** ATMs are not a thing out there. * **A sense of humor:** Essential.

Is it safe? Should I be worried about anything?

Generally, yes, it's safe. The camp itself is relatively secure. The biggest "danger" is probably getting lost in the dunes, so stick with the group on the camel ride and any daytime excursions. Petty theft is always a possibility, so keep your valuables locked up. Food/water? Avoid tap water, obviously. Stick to bottled water. And... watch out for the camels. They're not aggressive, but they're HUGE. And the one I was on seemed to harbor a deep resentment of humanity. Just be mindful of your surroundings, listen to the guides, and you'll be fine.Globe Stay Finder

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India

Sana Desert Safari Camp Jaisalmer Jaisalmer India