Indore's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Mangal Shree Awaits!
Indore's Secret Spot? FabHotel Mangal Shree Awaits! – My Honestly Rambling Review
Okay, so I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Indore, and honestly, it was a total sensory overload. The food! The colours! The sheer bustle of it all! And nestled in amongst the chaos, I found…FabHotel Mangal Shree. Now, let's be real, sometimes hotel reviews are just a load of corporate jargon. This ain't that. I'm gonna give you the lowdown, the real deal, the good, the bad, and the slightly questionable, alright?
First Impressions & Accessibility (or, the "Did I Need to Climb Everest?" Moment)
Finding the hotel was surprisingly easy, even for a directionally challenged person like myself. Accessibility: Okay, let's be upfront. I didn't need full wheelchair access, but I did peep things out. They do mention Facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start, but deeper dive into specific details is important, which is absent in their documentation. So, if you have specific requirements, maybe call ahead? Elevator? Yes! Thank god, because after a day of wandering around Rajwada Palace, my legs felt like spaghetti.
Cleanliness & Safety - Because, you know, COVID-19 is still a thing…
Alright, big points here. I'm a total germaphobe (don't judge!), and I was impressed. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Hand sanitizer readily available? Double check. I saw staff meticulously cleaning everything, which is a massive relief. And the Staff trained in safety protocol, they seemed genuinely conscientious. I even saw one giving a quick spray-down of the elevator buttons after a single use, which is above and beyond! Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Mostly, yes. It wasn't perfect, but they were making a decent effort. Rooms sanitized between stays?" - Yes! I'm all about that. I’m not sure about the Room sanitization opt-out available, but I didn’t see any options. So that is something you may want to look for. Another plus for me, the Cashless payment service. I'm not about handling cash, it's just ew.
Okay, so there's a bit more and less of this. The Daily disinfection in common areas was definitely evident, and they seemed to do a good job with hot water and linen. Individually-wrapped food options were a nice touch for the paranoid (me!). Hot water linen and laundry washing, again, winning! Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Sterilizing equipment were also there. But I don't know how the Hygiene certification, if it's there, and if not some more checks may be needed. Another thing, you can opt-out of the room sanitization. But I didn't find this option. The Shared stationery removed is also good.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Indore Adventure!
This is where things got interesting. Restaurants? Yes, plural! Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. The Buffet in restaurant was a feast, with a huge selection. But, be warned: food coma is a real threat. I loved the Asian breakfast - the "Poha" was out of this world. A la carte was available as well. The Breakfast service was decent. Coffee/tea in the restaurant, coffee shop are a must. And, of course, the Bottle of water, always a lifesaver! They had a Poolside bar and happy hour which were cool, if you like that kind of thing. Desserts in the restaurant, salad in the restaurant, soup in the restaurant, snack bar. All there. But the Room service [24-hour] saved me a couple of times, especially after late-night gorging sessions on street food (which, by the way, is a must-do).
Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Let’s be honest, do I need a spa?
Okay, so Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Whew! That is a lot of options. I didn’t use a spa. But the Swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting (though I'm more of a "book and sunshine" kind of gal). The Fitness center I saw, which I did not visit. Maybe I should have. The Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom - all there.
Services and Conveniences – The Stuff That Makes Life Easier… or So I Thought!
Okay, so let's rattle through these. Air conditioning in public area? DUH. Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. Okay, maybe it's a little too comprehensive? The Daily housekeeping was consistent, thank god. The Concierge was helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I loved Contactless check-in/out. I mean, who wants to touch a pen anymore? The Laundry service was a lifesaver after my street food adventures (again!). The Luggage storage was super useful. I'm not sure about the shrine part.
For the Kids – If you're traveling with tiny humans…
I wasn't, but hey, I saw: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. So, they're definitely geared towards families, which is great!
Room Rundown – My Personal Fortress of Solitude (with Wi-Fi!)
Here's where it gets down to brass tacks. Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
My room? It was a haven. The Air conditioning was a godsend in the Indore heat. The Blackout curtains were perfect for catching up on sleep after a long day of exploring. The Bed was super comfy. I may have spent an entire afternoon just lounging on it, watching the on-demand movies (which, by the way, are a nice touch!). The Wi-Fi [free] was reliable, which is essential for uploading those Instagram-worthy food pics. Coffee/tea maker was so handy, and the Free bottled water! I was very happy. Also, I loved the Slippers and bathrobes. What more could you ask?
Getting Around - Navigating the City (and the Hotel Itself)
Airport transfer? Yes, they do. Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking? Yep, all there. Getting around Indore can be a bit bonkers, but the hotel staff were always happy to help arrange transport.
My Verdict – FabHotel Mangal Shree: Secret Score!
Okay, so here’s the truth, folks: FabHotel Mangal Shree isn't a five-star, gold-plated palace. It’s not trying to be. But what it is is a clean, comfortable, and convenient base for exploring Indore. Is it perfect? Nah. But it’s got a lot of personality, the staff are genuinely friendly, and the location is pretty darn good. Considering the price point, it's a total steal. It's not flashy, but it’s genuine.
My Rating? 4 out of 5 stars. Would I go back? Absolutely! And I totally recommend it!
SEO-Optimized Offer: Escape to Indore's Hidden Gem! Book Your Stay at FabHotel Mangal Shree Today!
**Tired of the Ordinary? Discover the Unforgettable at FabHotel Mangal Shree, Indore!
Yogyakarta's Hidden Gem: 2BR Villa in Pentingsari! (Full Board!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that was my trip to Indore, specifically, the FabHotel Mangal Shree. Honestly, if you're looking for polished, perfectly-structured travel advice, you're barking up the wrong tree. This is more of a "lessons learned while simultaneously trying to avoid Delhi belly" kind of deal.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Chaat Chase (and a near-disaster with the A/C)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh. This is where the "glamorous traveler" part really crumbles. Woke up in a sweat-soaked Mumbai hotel room, a victim of a broken AC. Arriving in Indore, bleary-eyed and smelling faintly of airplane peanuts, was the first hurdle. Reached the FabHotel Mangal Shree around 11 AM, finally, to find it… well, not exactly the pristine paradise the photos implied. Don't get me wrong, it was clean, and the staff were lovely, but my room felt a little… beige. And the AC? Praying it wasn't going to be a repeat of the Mumbai debacle. It hissed, it groaned, it eventually worked (praise be!), but kept me in a perpetual state of "will it die?" anxiety all day.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The Great Chaat Chase commenced! I'd read so much about Indore's street food, and my stomach, which was already grumbling in anticipation, was basically giving me the silent treatment. Hit up Sarafa Bazaar (which apparently comes alive at night, but I’m impatient), and things got… interesting. First, the garlic bread. It was delicious, and I had two. A couple of minutes later I had the best pani puri I've ever had! I saw the guy making it, and I just…had to. And oh my god, the bhutte ki kees (grated corn cooked with spices)? Forget about it. Pure, unadulterated bliss. My taste buds were doing the happy dance. But then… ahem. Suddenly, my stomach decided that it was not a fan of this early-morning adventure. So much for my iron constitution.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Rest, Hydration, and the realization I might need to stick close to a toilet. Went back to the hotel, and then, panic. After that, the day went from bad to worse. I took an uber to visit the Rajwada Palace. The architecture was pretty. But, the heat, that's what really knocked me out.
Day 2: Temples, Temple Troubles, and a Desperate Search for Peace (and a good toilet)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Decided to be all cultured and visit the Khajrana Ganesh Temple. The temple itself was beautiful, and the atmosphere was peaceful. But, let's be honest, I was really just using the temple as an excuse to sit down and cool off. And the heat was back. My energy levels were fluctuating between "zombie" and "slightly less zombie." Took the taxi back.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The worst. I decided to head back to the hotel and go to the bathroom. This is where I will stop giving you all the details.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Went over with the staff for dinner, and started to feel better and more relaxed. Indore is truly a beautiful city, and it was the perfect place to see the culture.
Day 3: Departure and The Aftermath
- Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Woke up still feeling… iffy. Had a surprisingly good breakfast at the hotel (the coffee was surprisingly decent). Checked out, bidding a fond (and slightly desperate) farewell to the FabHotel Mangal Shree.
- Afternoon (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM): Took the flight back to Mumbai, a little lighter (if you catch my drift), a lot more humble, and with a newfound respect for the power of probiotics and the importance of always, always carrying tissues.
Quirks, Observations, and General Ramblings:
- The Staff at FabHotel Mangal Shree: They were genuine, always smiling, and incredibly patient. Even when I was probably looking like death warmed up. The hotel itself probably needs a bit of updating, but for the price, it's a reasonable option.
- Indore's Traffic: Like any Indian city, a chaotic dance of horns, rickshaws, and stray cows. Embrace the chaos.
- Street Food Rules: Eat with caution, and maybe skip the first few stalls until your stomach acclimatizes! Seriously. Don’t be the fool who eats five different chaats in one sitting. You’ll regret it.
- The Weather: Pack light, breathable clothing. And sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen.
- Final Thoughts: Indore is a city brimming with character and delicious food. It's a place that will challenge your senses and your stomach. And it's a place that I’ll definitely go back to, just maybe with a slightly less ambitious itinerary next time. And industrial-strength toilet paper.

FabHotel Mangal Shree: Indore's Not-So-Hidden Gem (Yet!) - Your Unofficial FAQs!
So, What *Exactly* is FabHotel Mangal Shree, and Why Should I Care?
The Room: Cleanliness, Comfort, and the Eternal Battle with the Remote…
Breakfast Blues (Or, Can I Get Some Proper Chai?): The Food Rundown.
Location, Location, Location! Is This Place Convenient?!
The Staff: Smiles, Service, and the Occasional Language Barrier…
Value for Money: Did I Get Ripped Off, or Was It a Fair Deal?
The WiFi: My Digital Battlefield (Or, How I Spent an Hour Trying to Upload a Photo).
Would I Stay Here Again? The Big Finale.

